Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Taking the plunge!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 04:11 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Taking the plunge!!!!

yeah i;ve been wanting to buy the Vf engineering ones for a while now...but they are so damn expensive!!! hard for me to justify 360 bucks on some damn MOUNTS they better be worth the money.

Old 05-28-2007, 04:25 PM
3rd Gear

Ya I know right, I wish someone else made some that would perform just as good. VF is the only ones that I have found. Ohh well just gota fork it up I guess... as far as the head, the QED heads can come in Big Port, thats what im planning on getting. The stroker kit, just seems like too much work, ill just upp the boost add w/m injection and hit some timing to compensate. Like I said 400whp is my goal, now wether I can get their or not will be a different story but with the turbo listed I think it will be possible, just need tuning is all.

Old 05-28-2007, 04:37 PM
3rd Gear

thats my goal for this little TT as well....keep on posting the progress....big turbo project for me is just down the road

Old 05-28-2007, 04:42 PM
3rd Gear

Will do brother...

Old 05-28-2007, 07:24 PM
1st Gear

I dont see that being a problem if you puyt the right stuff together.... theres plenty of other 1.8's VW's running around with over 400whp...http://www.uspmotorsports.com/
Checvk them out there right next to my house....they will be doing my tuning.... there MKIV 1.8 liter VW ran 10.97 @ 130 ! And he drives that on the street and to work

Old 05-28-2007, 11:07 PM
3rd Gear

That is what kinda got me motivated, I was tired of seeing all these BT setups on vortex and wondering, why not do something different with the TT. I mean most guys just get the APR kit, but this thing is going to be bigger and that is what I wanted. 11's would be great, sure I could use the money, but a JDM with a turbo and run the same times, but its about having performance and luxury. The only thing that is really holding me back is the tuning, I would drive it somewhere but Revo is 3hrs away, my Giac dealer dosent do any custom work and Unitronics is in Canada so I dont know, lets see if Don R will come thru with programing. I have heard good things about them...

Old 05-29-2007, 12:28 AM
I'm make believe

you can get the del rio kit tune made for a 2871r and i think 630 injectors but im sure don will pull through for you, he always does.

Old 05-29-2007, 01:35 AM
3rd Gear

Yea I have heard good things about him, hey good info on the AEB head I think im gona go that route to save me some $$$ and still be able to have it ported and polished real nicely. Now I just have to find a wrecked Passat or A4 to pull one off of. I am stuck right now as to where to start, I know I need suspention and brakes so I will probably go that route no sense in having all that power but not being able to put it to the ground, or better yet slow it all down.

Old 05-29-2007, 09:52 AM
I'm make believe

This one is $1k shipped.But i have seen some sold for $4-500 also.

Old 05-29-2007, 12:47 PM
3rd Gear

Here is the list from Arnold from pagparts along with a link to the pic of the setup:

Hello Erin,
I do the quattro equipped vehicles a little differently. The T3 housing is a
bit too big as it starts getting very tight in there. I utilize an HKS
housing w/ the GT3076R which is astounding.
Here is hardware and fueling kit:

HPC coated manifold
GT3076R w/ .73ar HKS housing
oil feed line kit
oil return line kit
GT restrictor
coolant line kit
3" SS Downpipe
Inlet piping set
ss mounting stud kit w/ nordlocks/flexlocs
T25 gasket
Tial 38mm WG 1 bar
Dump tube
630cc injector set
inline fuel pump kit

No pics of the downpipe it has to be fabbed up but here is the link to the manifold, turbo and wastgate.
http://www.perista.net/images/18t_hks_external_1.jpg

PM me for pricing info. Granted this dosent have any tuning but that will be worked out. The only thing I need is turbo to intercooler piping, but that may have to be custom made.

Thanks for the link Cincy I have already found that one, too pricey for me. I found one that I may be able to get off a guy its 80K miles, no broken valves (not that it mattered) for 300.

Quick Reply: Taking the plunge!!!!