Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

street racing

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 02:14 PM
1st Gear
Default street racing

im thinking about getting a TT and I hear that a lot of the s series talk about how know one will challange them. Im just wondering whether a TT would be challenged by like a pos honda or not. Because I mainly want that to happen. Am I looking to at the wrong car for this?

Old 09-14-2007, 02:20 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: street racing

Be prepared to get bombarded by forum members for not speaking clearly. - Because I had a hard time even making out what your asking.

Are you asking if a Honda will put up a fight against a TT?

-Depends. - Modded honda? - Depends on the mods. - Stock? - No way. - MAYBE an SI - but even then that would only be the NEW SI. - I've smoked several older ones.

-Modded TT vs Modded Honda. - Depends Mod for mod. - However the TT typically faster.

Old 09-14-2007, 02:23 PM
1st Gear

yeah sorry i wasn't verry clear. what i mean is...will people challenge me or will they look at it like a normal car.

Old 09-14-2007, 02:24 PM
SoCal Crew Member

^ in some respects. a well modded J-SPEC honda would tear up the TT. the only thing holding the TT back is how heavy these ****'s are.

Old 09-14-2007, 02:26 PM
I'm make believe

The TT is pretty quick from the factory and can be made really fast. Its not as light as a honda but will go when told.

Btw, street racing is a good way to die, lose your license or have your car made into a TT cube

Old 09-14-2007, 02:27 PM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: .clipse

the only thing holding the TT back is how heavy these ****'s are.
Not when i get around to it.

Old 09-14-2007, 02:27 PM
2nd Gear

I agree with clipse. - It depends on the mod.

However, your TT is not a standard car.... You'll notice that it grabs a bit of attention. - Sometimes the wrong kind of attention. - Remember TT's are rare in comparison to many other cars, so if you drive like a jerk...people will remember your car. - Dont want it getting keyed or anything.

Drive respectful. - Race on a track.

Old 09-14-2007, 02:43 PM
SoCal Crew Member

ORIGINAL: cincyTT

the only thing holding the TT back is how heavy these ****'s are.
Not when i get around to it.
ugh don't tell me you're gonna guTT your car. then add all these pillar bars making it look like jungle gym. btw what are the heaviest aspects to our cars? all the electronic bullshit like seat warmers?

Old 09-14-2007, 02:47 PM
2nd Gear

I'm stil considering removing my back seats....but I dont want it to look so open. - Does anyone know of any good aftermarket fittings once they are removed? - They are useles.....

Old 09-14-2007, 02:54 PM
I'm make believe

ugh don't tell me you're gonna guTT your car. then add all these pillar bars making it look like jungle gym. btw what are the heaviest aspects to our cars? all the electronic bullshit like seat warmers?
Not going to gut it, just go on a diet ofcourse. But the rear seat backs are ~40lbs, front seats ~40-50lbs, im not removing but a/c stuff is 200lbs w/ power steering and emissions stuff

Im going to make a rear seat delete and get light seats for upfront in the summer time. Cloth w/ carbon shells, total weight, 14lbs each. But i have some extra stuff to do also.

Quick Reply: street racing