Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Started building sub enclosure

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 09:21 PM
2nd Gear

Any updated pics?

Old 09-29-2008, 09:58 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by myxyzxo
2Screwed if it's not too much to ask.. Would it be possible for you to give us the outter measurements of your enclosure? So that those of us who would like to try and build one have an easier time.
hey buddy, what size sub do you have? each sub will have a specific size enclosure it needs to sound the best. the manual will usually tell you what size in cubic ft it will be, for my single 10 i built a box that was 1ft3 (cubed) enclosed. There is a formula for calculating the dimensions, so let me know what cubic feet it needs to be and i can tell you what dimensions you need. also let me know how u want it, a regular rectangle, a wedge or a mixture of both usually cover all bases.

I am comvering mine in vinyl right now, and it has a raised TT logo on top, should look quite nice when finished.

Old 09-30-2008, 12:02 AM
SoCal Crew Member

I intend to go with a sealed enclosure. The sub is Rockford Fosgate t110 (gonna go with the 2 ohm sub since they also have a 4 ohm) and it will require 0.5-1.0 cubic feet. Box style will be the same design as the OP's style. With the exception that I have 1 sub. On the other side will be where the amp is. Since my amp is quite large. Phoenix Gold Titanium 1400w mono block. I've had this amp for about 4 yrs. and during that time it has been sitting in my garage for 3 yrs. It's still flawless.

Here is link of the sub: http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Produ...3&tp=111&avf=N

And here is the amp: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...um+Series.html

If you can figure out the box dimension that would really be helpfully. I most likely won't start building til October.

Edited: Looking at the specs of my amp, I think I'll need to have 2 RF T110 subs. Having just 1 with all that power there is a good chance I'll fry that thing. hahaha I've done it b4 running 1 Kicker L7 (12").

2nd edit: Hmmm I want to try and make a box (rectangler) where 1 sub faces forward and the other faces backward. haha just a thought.

Last edited by myxyzxo; 09-30-2008 at 12:11 AM.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:48 AM
1st Gear

Sorry, I have been really busy with work and home stuff and have not had a chance to work on this lately. I'll try to get those dims for you tongiht.

Old 09-30-2008, 12:34 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by myxyzxo
I intend to go with a sealed enclosure. The sub is Rockford Fosgate t110 (gonna go with the 2 ohm sub since they also have a 4 ohm) and it will require 0.5-1.0 cubic feet. Box style will be the same design as the OP's style. With the exception that I have 1 sub. On the other side will be where the amp is. Since my amp is quite large. Phoenix Gold Titanium 1400w mono block. I've had this amp for about 4 yrs. and during that time it has been sitting in my garage for 3 yrs. It's still flawless.

Here is link of the sub: http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Produ...3&tp=111&avf=N

And here is the amp: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...um+Series.html

If you can figure out the box dimension that would really be helpfully. I most likely won't start building til October.

Edited: Looking at the specs of my amp, I think I'll need to have 2 RF T110 subs. Having just 1 with all that power there is a good chance I'll fry that thing. hahaha I've done it b4 running 1 Kicker L7 (12").

2nd edit: Hmmm I want to try and make a box (rectangler) where 1 sub faces forward and the other faces backward. haha just a thought.
I assume this will be going in the trunk, can you get me the dimensions, then i can make sure the enclosure will fit in there, I am away from home or i would have just taken the measurements of mine!