Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Squeaky Bushings?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2005, 12:50 AM
1st Gear
Default Squeaky Bushings?

Does anyone have any experience with the front end squeaking when you hit bumps? And usually it is only when it gets warmer than say 70F. I thought maybe I could WD40 the tie rod and anti roll bar bushings, but that didn't help. In fact it sounded like it took less of a bump to make it squeak. Anybody fixed this before?

Old 03-04-2005, 01:04 AM
Default RE: Squeaky Bushings?

The exact same thing was happening to me and I had some bushing replaced, that stopped the squeeking, but now I have this annoying clicking noise every time I turn the wheel, audi says its my front stablizer bar $700! If this car wasnt so dam cool I would have dumped it along time ago, but Im gonna wait it out and hope for the best. I definately wouldnt recommend this ride to someone who wants reliable transportation.[:@]
ORIGINAL: INNI

Does anyone have any experience with the front end squeaking when you hit bumps? And usually it is only when it gets warmer than say 70F. I thought maybe I could WD40 the tie rod and anti roll bar bushings, but that didn't help. In fact it sounded like it took less of a bump to make it squeak. Anybody fixed this before?

Old 03-04-2005, 01:05 AM
Default RE: Squeaky Bushings?

ORIGINAL: ryan

The exact same thing was happening to me and I had some bushing replaced, that stopped the squeeking, but now I have this annoying clicking noise every time I turn the wheel, audi says its my front stablizer bar $700! If this car wasnt so dam cool I would have dumped it along time ago, but Im gonna wait it out and hope for the best. I definately wouldnt recommend this ride to someone who wants reliable transportation.[:@]
ORIGINAL: INNI