Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Spare Tire Cover Needed!

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 10:26 AM
1st Gear
Default Spare Tire Cover Needed!

Does anyone know where I can find the piece that covers the spare tire in the coupe?

Old 06-25-2008, 10:42 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Spare Tire Cover Needed!

Called and got a price quote on that piece from the dealership and guess what...$312.10!

My *** is already sore and I haven't even decided to have them order it. I'm really hoping I can find one somewhere else.

Old 06-25-2008, 11:03 AM

What happened to your original one? I don't imagine that they break easily.

Old 06-25-2008, 11:26 AM
1st Gear

A quart of polyurethane spilled on it. I scrubbed with some dish soap and a brush for about 2 hours last night but there's no getting it out. I think I'm going to try some paint thinner or some mineral spirits tonight on it. I'm hoping they don't bleach it out, but it's pretty much ruined like it is now anyway so I guess it can't hurt. Had the car three days too....

I've called every salvage yard in the Kansas City Metro and none of them have any TTs for parts. Imagine that...

Old 06-25-2008, 02:44 PM

It may be a long-shot, but try uneedapart.com. Best of luck.

Old 06-25-2008, 03:00 PM
3rd Gear

Pull the carpet off and try to wrap it in vinyl... It can be your first mod too.

It's worth a try.

BTW that sounds cheap, I was expecting $450 or so with the prices some of the crap costs.

Old 06-25-2008, 03:02 PM
1st Gear

Thanks for the lead. I don't know what the piece is specifically called so I couldn't find anything doing the part search option and I called the number and spoke with someone who said they didn't carry that part. I might be able to find it a little easier if I knew exactly what that piece was called.

Old 06-25-2008, 04:25 PM
5th Gear

i spilled a bottle of laundry detergent, and then a week later, about half a quart of gear oil. You'd think the two would cancel each other out, but nooo...

so thats when i decided to strip the back of the car, and relocate the battery back there. : )

Old 06-25-2008, 04:40 PM

What you do is select Other - Part not listed then click to the next screen and describe the part. I've gotten hits that way. There are a lot of these cars in wrecking yards now so you should have some luck.

Old 06-25-2008, 06:43 PM
2nd Gear

I would try to cover it with the carpet made for sub boxes. It's better then spending $300 to just get wrecked again.

Quick Reply: Spare Tire Cover Needed!