Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

so she wrecked it.....

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 09:28 AM
Unhappy so she wrecked it.....

short story...

for valentines day I bought my girlfriend / fiancee a fully loaded blue tt 180 with a few aftermarket mods & the most beautiful set of OZ wheels on a tt.
its an '03 with about 25k miles on it.

after purchasing it we come to realize she is allergic to the cleaners used to detail the car (she has multiple chemical allegies) so shes not able to drive the car for a few months without having an asthma attack. so I become the lucky driver for a while..... and we fell in love and bonded as that story goes.

so fast forward to this sunday.... we're headed to church and shes a little concerned that we'll make it on time. no biggie... so she presses it a little over maybe 5 or 8 miles over in a residential major road / like hovering around 40-almost 45. but no stop signs for us....

then an escalade rolls through the intersection doing about 5 miles an hour.

t-boned. airbags. no major injuries. not a scratch on the escalade. no. we dont' make it to church....
car looks totalled but we're not sure what the insurance company is going to say. the front end is completely smashed in.

luckily the cops completely faulted the other driver and we have full coverage with gap coverage from the dealership.
however... its been so long since I've been in an accident I'm not sure whats going to happen.

we have progressive and they are filing a claim with the other drivers company for us. and I'm awaiting to hear how that turns out.

if they total it out... what do we do as far as this six month old car.
how does this usually work and how do I get her into another tt soon?

from what I understand they give us basically the value of the car as the perceive it and we pay the loan off with that and hope that there is some $$$ left over to put down on another vehicle....
that pretty much right?

I have a near perfect driving record so i'm a little ignorant on even having to make claims.

my fear is that they DONT total it... then what..?

Old 08-19-2008, 09:57 AM
1st Gear

If they don't total it, you would take it to a shop to get fixed and they your insurance basically fights with the Escalades insurance to pay for the bill. This is all done behind the scenes. It's not like your insurance company is going to make you wait to get your car fixed until they get the money from the other insurance company. If you don't mind me asking, who's your insurance through? Some companies can be better than others, and through google searching, you can sometime be prepared for what your getting into.

If they total the car, you have the gap which is good.
Owe on car $20,000
What the car is worth $17,000

So the GAP would cover the extra $3000.00

As far as the time frames I have no idea I would say it could be 1-2 weeks if I had to guess. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful, I have never been into an accident.

Glad your both well and in good condition, that's the most important thing bro.

Old 08-22-2008, 11:51 AM
Default well they totalled it out...

we got the call and its officially totalled.

they are coming up with a final figure for the settlement and we are going to get a check soon.

so....new TT?
I have really thought long and hard but I cant think of any other vehicle in that range that I really liked as much.
yeah some are faster and might have more luxurious accessories out the box, but frankly I loved the feel and style of this car.

the thought of getting a porsche or bmw makes me feel like I'd be like everybody else in this city. so what options are there...?

Old 08-22-2008, 01:55 PM

just go out there and get a 225 you'll love it a lil more. haha nutthin against the 180 but look at it this way ur wife is prob not gonna let you put money into the car so why not get one with a lil more pep. plus i honestly feel safer in a faster car cus think about it this way if you guys where drivin a lil faster you would not have been hit lol and also i've been in many situations that i've had to get out the way fast.

By the way i'm glad to hear the you guys are ok!! eventho these cars are little i've seen videos of a tt getting hit my an 18wheeler and the people in the tt where ok. safety is def a plus