Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

So I think I'm narcoleptic.

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 11:21 AM
5th Gear
Default So I think I'm narcoleptic.

I've been gambling with my driving since I was 18 I think, I'll be driving along fine, and all of a sudden, I can't keep my eyes open, or, it'll be like watching a movie with a few seconds spliced out here and there. You'll be watching the movie, and then all of a sudden, WTF? you're missing a little piece, and you don't know what happened. Thats what happened to my A4, I caught a guardrail at 65 with the cruise on on the interstate, and last night it happened again with the TT. This makes 4 accidents in 3 years, my third claim with my current insurance company.

From what I could tell with a flashlight as the car was being flatbedded, I slashed up my tires on the pass side, but they still hold air, my rims are a little chewed, theres scratches/dents down the side of the car, the front bumper is toast, radiator cracked, pass. headlight obliterated, under car pan towards the rear is broken up a bit, and I severed a fuel return line.

I'm so ******* pissed at myself, for doing this to my car(s) REPEATEDLY, and for not getting professionally checked for anything like narcolepsy.

Just to add a little more stress to the night, I told the cop when he asked, that I had 'a beer', which calculated from the time I went to applebees, to the time he showed up, I figured I was safe. Blew a .05, so I was fine. Rest of the story I gave (as I was advised by thecop thatI should have done when I went thru this with the A4), was that I DIDN'T blank out, something ran in the road ahead of me, I swerved to miss, and hit the guardrail instead. So, that deer I swerved was getting around, the cop last night said he had counted 27 deer in the last hour in that area. Doesn't matter, all I saw were sparks.

Waiting by the phone for the insurance claims guy to call me, so I can get a rental car set up, and get an adjuster out to the car to see whats up.

I'm such an *******.

[/align]

Old 10-04-2007, 11:51 AM
SoCal Crew Member
Default RE: So I think I'm narcoleptic.

dude that sux

please get checked before you wreck yet another car, but your life

Old 10-04-2007, 11:53 AM
5th Gear

I definately plan to, it easily, on any number of occasions, could have been a drift to the left, instead of the right, and I would not deal well knowing that I may have ended a life.

I'm a ******* moron thats all I can say.

[/align]

Old 10-04-2007, 11:58 AM
3rd Gear

That sucks... How bad is it?

Sounds like a good amount of damage, probably not enough to total it though, right?

Get checked out...

If you are, don't tell your friends.

one of the roommates in college was narcoleptic, he was always paranoid that he would pass out and not know what was going on. We had him convinced he was a narcoleptic sleepwalker.
He probably still thinks he made sweetlove to a vending machine.
Friends are ********. Especially me.

Old 10-04-2007, 12:03 PM
1st Gear

damn dude, that sucks big time, I hope you can get over this and that the car will be able to get fixed

Old 10-04-2007, 12:15 PM
I'm make believe

So does this happen at monotinous times or just at night?

Old 10-04-2007, 01:48 PM

damn Matt. Glad I got to see the car before getting banged up. Hoping the best for the TT. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Old 10-04-2007, 01:52 PM
5th Gear

anytime of day it could happen, unless im up and moving around. The whole 'put the windows down and crank the music' thing just makes me go deaf, get covered with snow (if its winter), and sleep. Get out of the car and walk around, i'll wake up, 2 minutes after getting back in the car, i could potentially be sleepy again.

I did alright coming back from H2O following other cars, because you really have to stay on top of where everyone is, but as soon as I was split off and on my own driving home, I had to pull off the road for awhile.

Still no call from the insurance company, and i still haven't been out to see the car. I've just been waiting around feeling like ****.

Old 10-04-2007, 02:01 PM

you would have your licence pulled over here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcolepsy

Old 10-04-2007, 02:07 PM
I'm make believe

hopefully no one from your insurance drives a TT and sees this thread