Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

so how was h20???

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 01:01 PM
1st Gear
Default so how was h20???

i def want to go next year, but lets see some pics from the weekend!

Old 10-01-2007, 02:53 PM
Default RE: so how was h20???

awesome time i got to hang out with a few guys from here, i was really wasted though so i cant remember much. but had the time of my life.

Old 10-01-2007, 03:01 PM

Ray you were certainly drunk.... thats for sure. Good time though.

Camped with Matt (achttung)and Tom (wintermute) all weekend. Met Lucas (elitte) at the TT GTG on Saturday.

It was a good time. Crazy Crazy stuff goes on. Check out this thread HERE for more stories on H2O. I didn't take a ton of pics.. posted some shots of the guys in the pic ***** thread at the top of the page.

Oh and I smoked Matt 1-on-1 in gokarts Saturday night. He didn't stand a chance.

Old 10-01-2007, 03:50 PM
4th Gear

Ryan, I heard all about that go kart race... If you ask me Matt let you win! [8D]
Really wish I could have made it! I def. plan on going next year!
Maybe this time without unexpected situations.

Old 10-01-2007, 03:54 PM
5th Gear

Yeah, I think you were running more alcohol than some of the cars down there.

Glad to meet you, sorry I couldn't party more, had to run the other TT's back to the camp site. I'll let them off easy this year, the weekend takes alot out of you, but I expect 110% next year! : P

I'm gonna try to get my pics/vid online later today, they won't be the greatest though, I don't have a very good camera. Hopefully Ryan will come thru with a bunch, he shot pics Saturday for sure.

It was an almost flawless weekend, we had some delay in traffic so we were late getting to DE, and had to make Ryan wait in a parking lot for a lot longer that I liked. Also, the last minute camping arrangements made things pretty screwy- The guys that had 2 nights reserved couldn't find their campsite friday night, so they stayed at my last minute arranged site, which was a bad-*** site, I'm happy to say. I got a citation that ultimately meant nothing because we had 6 tents and like 7 people on a site meant for 3 tents and 6 people, and since we didn't pull into the site until after midnight, the ranger station was closed, and we also got hit for not registering our vehicles.
Saturday I called most of the day to try to get a site reserved, after being assured that there were ALWAYS openings. Turns out, the state, and national park were both booked solid, so we decided to have a repeat of the previous night considering their tickets mean ****. So, again we packed way to many cars and people into a camp site. Noticed that although I can call right from the campground, and hear a guy tell me theres no openings, theres 3 vacant sites surrounding the one reserved by my friend. We decided we'd just take a open one, since obviously at 2am, they're not gonna be filled by normal people. That worked out pretty well, as nobody ever claimed them, and we were packed and out of there before the ranger came around in the morning to spot our unregistered cars/campers, so mark that one down as 1 free night, compliments of MD for the trouble they gave us.

Saturday the BBQ was awesome, perfect weather, tons of cars, free swag by VW. Although I think 'the jackass' (Ryan and Tom know who I mean) swiped my VW/Sirius beer koozie. I know his R.A. I'll have to get him to bust him for something. We checked out the TT meet at Hooters, it was cool seeing a bunch of TTs together like that, thats gotta be the most I've ever seen in one place. (I'll get pics up later, I promise). The infamous Schwing told me what I need to do to my car, mainly, springs and a modshack intake... There was another green 225 there, looking very stock, fortunately I was wearing different rims. How embarrassing would that be to show up at the party wearing the same thing?!

*BTW, 'the jackass' is a reoccuring theme, theres always ONE guy that somehow tags along that nobody likes, has no money, and won't stop talking. The enjoyment is in putting the guy down, although he's usually obvlious. But I digress...

We got some bitching go-cart racing in, I'd like to think I was 3 and 1, my buddy Jake says he beat me on one race, but I was spun out AFTER the attendant cut power on the carts (to me, indicating the race is over). W/O power, I couldn't get the car moving to get it facing the right direction, and everyone passed me to get into the pit. Whatever, I beat his ***, fair and square.

Ryan beat me on the last race though, I think I could have had it, but the competition is where the fun is at, so when I passed him (it was only the 2 of us on the track, btw) I went wide and let him by again. It took him a lap or two to quit bumping the wall thru turns (this guy likes tight apex's) that slowed him down, and thats how I was able to pass. He learned his line though, and after that, once he was in front of me, I couldn't do anything more than follow him. A fun time none-the-less.

Sunday was a laid back day, we didn't go to the show itself, half of the big group was going home the other half stayed. Ryan took off early that morning, feeling completely beat Im guessing, and we followed a few hours later, with a bit of a delay right off the bat, when the 400+hp legecy started acting up. He limped it home though, and by limped, I mean, we only hit 100mph twice, and only when we had to to catch up to the pack.

So, it was a great time, hopefully next year we can get more people, unfortunately we lost Jeff (quattro411) and Becca, who had a family emergency. I wish her the best of luck with that.

Old 10-01-2007, 03:56 PM
5th Gear

btw, whats with the short little posts? that was a bad-*** weekend, thats the best you can do! ; )

For the record, I didn't let him win, he beat me fairly, my racing mistake was not totally smoking him off the line. ; )

Old 10-01-2007, 04:07 PM

I'm at work now. I'll upload some pics and post em up later tonight. I'm not the best photographer though so they aren't award winning or anything.

Matt is truely a good host. Great hanging out... and the crew he rolls with is friendly and didn't make anyone feel like an outsider.

BTW - The one guy Brad had a 13sec (or less) Turbo Diesel truck that was pretty absurd. Very crazy, especially when you're driving behind or next to it and slightly behind when he drops the hammer.

Old 10-01-2007, 04:09 PM
4th Gear

Even though I wasn't there; Matt texted a few pics to me.
Guess I'll share them...

Name:  0929070906.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  64.7 KB
Name:  0929071146.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  55.4 KB
Name:  0929071149.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  59.4 KB

Old 10-01-2007, 04:32 PM
1st Gear