Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Sigh, Ticketed today

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 01:59 PM
Default Sigh, Ticketed today

Well, thought I would share a little misfortune I had. I was driving down E-470 doing 75mph (speed limit is 70mph) when a couple pickups were merging on from an onramp. The first truck was a little ahead of me and the second (a newer Ford with a few inches of lift) was a little behind, but was moving up fairly quickly. I merged over to let the lifted Ford on and then realized he was also moving over to the fast lane as well, with my passenger door about even with his front bumper. I accelerated pulling in front of him and gave my self a little space (maybe a car length) before I crested a small hill, where a motorcycle cop sat with his Laser at the ready, clocking me at 87mph. Sigh…

After getting pulled he asked me why I was speeding, I mentioned about the truck where he replied, “yeah, it looked like that guy was going fast but your car caught my attention first.†Oh well, first ticket in several years, guess will go to court and see how it turns out.Hopefully they will reduce it to a non moving violation for points.

Old 06-08-2007, 02:13 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Sigh, Ticketed today

Yeah, always go to court to try to talk it down.

It seems like you have a valid argument for sympathy...

If the judge is having a good day you should be able to get something lighter instead.

Old 06-08-2007, 04:19 PM
1st Gear

if this works or not i do not know because i have never had to do it, however one of my friends has a few times and said it did work. He does exaggerate a lot that is why i offer this advice with hesitation. I was told that if you send the county (or whomever) a check for more than you owe them (maybe $5 more) then they will send you a check back for the difference ($5) and if you don't cash the check it can not go on your record for some legal reason (can't close out an unjustified account is what my state patrol friend told me) and it will not be reported to the insurance agency. Another word of advice in case you don't want to try that; my dad got a ticket one time and our insurance skyrocketed about a year later he got another and instead of paying it he got an attorney to argue it down to a non moving violation which will not make your insurance go up. The attorney is expensive but not nearly as bad as the insurance almost doubling.

Old 06-08-2007, 04:45 PM

ORIGINAL: deuce747
I was told that if you send the county (or whomever) a check for more than you owe them (maybe $5 more) then they will send you a check back for the difference ($5) and if you don't cash the check it can not go on your record for some legal reason (can't close out an unjustified account is what my state patrol friend told me) and it will not be reported to the insurance agency.
That is an urban legend. It will not work. However, the angle I am going for is what you mentioned the second time, I will try to get it down to a non moving violation.As far as the insurance doubling, mine will go up approxiamately $150 a year for a first ticket (I will lose my good driver discount.) After that if I get another things get bad, but not yet. Still, I hate getting that first one there to begin with.

Old 06-08-2007, 05:02 PM
1st Gear

i figured it might be a legend but i was not sure seeing as a state patrol told me about it (my good friend mind you) and my other friend told me it worked for him. I appreciate that tid bit of advice! Sorry you got a ticket hope it all works out.

Old 06-08-2007, 05:29 PM
3rd Gear

I Know it won't work...

But... for $5 with a money back guarantee, you can't really go wrong, can you?

Old 06-08-2007, 09:32 PM
1st Gear

If my insurance wouldn't go up a toni would do it, however with the one i have it would be better to just pay an attorney because if it does go up it goes WAY up! I don't know why because i am still on my parents but it almost doubled when my dad got a ticket and didn't fight it.