Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.
View Poll Results: A poll
Allow for sale thread (one/person)
25.71%
Get rid of them, its to much clutter
0%
Move them to classifieds with link here
17.14%
FS/WTB/WTT sticky
57.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

For sale threads... PEASE VOTE!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 03:24 PM
I'm make believe
Default For sale threads... PEASE VOTE!!

There is a growing number of for sale threads going on in this section and i wanted to get some feed back from everyone. Now everyone knows this isnt the proper place for these threads but it does help sell things faster since this place doesnt have as specific for sale sections like vortex does (ie: TT, A4, Forced induction, etc). So i have a proposed solution and guidelines depending on how people vote*. As you can see, you have 3 options.

The first one will let people post a thread now and then and be left in the TT section. However, you are only allowed 1 thread and not allowed any more for so long after (atleast a couple weeks). Think everyone remembers the member that had 7-10 threads of parts for sale and it was beyond annoying. Violators/abusers of the rules above will either have there posts moved or deleted if problems persist.

The second choice is simple, any for sale thread will be moved to the classifeid and no link will be provided.

The last choice is what i would perfer. This will allow you to post the thread in the TT section but when me or another mod comes accross it, it will be moved to the proper classified with a link still in the TT section. This will still give TT'ers access/views to your thread but wont keep getting bumped and taking away from other topics that may need immidiate help.

please everyone vote

* Please remember i can be over ruled by an Admin on this topic

Old 04-29-2008, 03:28 PM
SoCal Crew Member
Default RE: For sale threads... PEASE VOTE!!

i vote have a WTS/WTT/WTB thread stickied. im always creating new threads to sell my ****

Old 04-29-2008, 03:38 PM
I'm make believe

added

Old 04-29-2008, 03:58 PM
2nd Gear

+1 sticky, I know have created several posts about things either I have for sale, might be interested in selling, wtb, or am just trying to give heads up to forum members. My main reason for doing it as I have is because audiforums classifieds organization is much less easy to use and search than vwvortex, and Id rather give forum members a head start on stuff to get lost in the classifieds section here. I think a sticky is a great idea if we have a few rules. Things need to have FS, WTT, WTB, or Feeler in the title, should have pics (preferably hosted off site?),price, whether not shipping is an option, and probably exclude sales by newbs:-P Also, maybe no nonsense bumps, so we can help keep the thread clean and fast loading; and use PM for haggling, very specific questions, etc.

Old 04-29-2008, 04:16 PM

ORIGINAL: .clipse

i vote have a WTS/WTT/WTB thread stickied. im always creating new threads to sell my ****
I like this idea too..

Old 04-29-2008, 04:28 PM
2nd Gear

a sticky FS/FT etc. thread would be the best solution in my eyes, and a good idea personally. that way sellers don't have to worry about bumping their FS thread, and the FS stuff is right there in one place, making it easier to sell and easier to find something if you want to buy a part.

Old 04-29-2008, 04:38 PM
SoCal Crew Member

^ you're S4 parts are no good around here lucas!

but ya, there should be guidelines ala VWVortex before posting/creating a FS/Feeler/WTB/WTT, etc.

imo, there should be 2 stickied - FS/WTT and a WTB threads. i'd borrow ideas from whoretex, AZ.com.

Old 04-29-2008, 04:43 PM
I'm make believe

I just dont want to have 40 stickys up there if that can be avoided. But the sticky does sound better with a list of rules.

Old 04-29-2008, 04:43 PM
2nd Gear

haha true, but I do still have a splitter andmisic. stuff like tires I need to sell... one of these days

Old 04-29-2008, 04:48 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: cincyTT

I just dont want to have 40 stickys up there if that can be avoided. But the sticky does sound better with a list of rules.
I personally don't even like WTB stuff, kinda seems lazy to me... if you WTB something than search for it, and if you don't see it, than nobody is selling it... ya know lol. some WTB posts are reasonable though, so its a iffy point of view I guess

Quick Reply: For sale threads... PEASE VOTE!!