Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

s2000

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 12:36 AM
1st Gear

Just wanted to add that I own both(225qr+s2k) and they're amazing vehicles to have.Stock for stock it's the s2k ftw against any trim level of the audi tt.With loads of money in both who knows lol...? But as stated I'm blessed to own both and I enjoy them both equally.By the way my s2k@417rwhp and the 225qr@355awhp.

Old 10-18-2008, 01:40 AM
I'm make believe

Originally Posted by .clipse
STI? serious? the only way you're gonna take on an STI is if you go big turbo. even a chipped 225 will get smashed on by an STI.

the WRX US models all came within 224-227bhp stock.

though the 2009 gets a whopping incease at 265 bhp and 244 lb.-ft of torque. stock. that **** ain't a joke.

not a fan of the hatchbacks but the sedan looks pretty damn good. i'll throw that into the mix when it's time to get a new ride.

To bad the wrx went back to a 2L i believe. The ones with the Tribeca fronts had the 2.5L which made a crap load more tq and better powerband. Guess it was approaching the STi sales to much.

Also, i just saw an STi like the wrx above, same color, but with gold BBS's and i have to say, it looked better on the street than in pics and on lots. Parents also just picked up a white RS like above and its rather nice for just the RS. Still no X MR by any means

Speaking of, new on my list has the be the upcoming Lancer Ralliart. Its actually going to be awd and a turbo to compete with the wrx FINALLY! Wont use the same setup as the evo, but still should be a good street presense, but i dont think its going to have many if any 600+ awhp owners

Last edited by cincyTT; 10-18-2008 at 01:43 AM.
Old 10-18-2008, 12:59 PM
SoCal Crew Member

^ actually, the ralliart is also on the list. it has the same internals as the EVO X, except the single scroll turbo vs. the EVO X's twin-scroll. the dual-clutch tran. is ripped straight from an MR's. but still, mitsu is dumb for not releasing both the SST ver. and the manual ver. at launch. gonna have to wait awhile for the manual ver. i believe the future 5 speed is going to be ripped from the GSR's.

autoblog said it best, finally a lancer that doesnt suck.

crazy part is, it's stated at 240bhp at the flywheel... but makes 222 awhp! stock!

http://jdm-insider.com/Blogs/Eric/?p=1054

Last edited by .clipse; 10-18-2008 at 01:17 PM.
Old 10-18-2008, 01:07 PM
3rd Gear

performance numbers on the lancer and the evo ARE better than the tt. although, im not impressed with the interior or build quality of any in comparisson to the tt. the tt coupe has all of them in the sexy department(hands down). my second choice was the evo, but i didnt like the interior. made me feel like i had to be in highschool to own one. IMO

Old 10-18-2008, 03:01 PM
2nd Gear

I almost bought a WRX (basic model, nothing big). I went to the subby dealer picked out the one I wanted, white RS gold rims real clean. Then I saw the next day I came back someone traded in a avant & they gave me a good deal & understood why the change. I salesmen even checked out my engine on the TT & wanted to race against his 400HP WRX. It was pretty sick.

Old 10-18-2008, 06:45 PM
I'm make believe

Originally Posted by warranty225cpe
performance numbers on the lancer and the evo ARE better than the tt. although, im not impressed with the interior or build quality of any in comparisson to the tt. the tt coupe has all of them in the sexy department(hands down). my second choice was the evo, but i didnt like the interior. made me feel like i had to be in highschool to own one. IMO
The evo and sti are all performace, thats why they both come with brembo brakes and recaro seats. I think the wrx has a nicer interior since it doesnt have that nasty blue cloth. The new X has a more upscale interior and you deff pay for it. Its a step above the boy racer of the past 9. The lancer is going to be in the 23-24k range which makes it about 1/2 of the MKII TT and judging by the massive activity on evolutionm.net compared to here and vortex, there are plenty of people that would sacrafice Bose sound systems and heated leather seats for a true automotive performace car. It may either be the replacement for the TT, or an addition to the pack if i can swing i when there is a man like clipse said

Old 10-18-2008, 07:41 PM
1st Gear

The Evo is a much superior car, but its like comparing apples to pairs... the TT is more of a 'sports coupe/tourer' than it is an out and out thoroughbred like the Evo. A midly tuned Evo will out handle and out perform most highly modded TT's... but they are destined for different markets....

The Evo is an awesome drivers car but has relatively expensive upkeep and tuning parts. In the UK the Evo is pitched at Doctors, Lawyers, and high class professionals as they are the only people who can afford the insurance and upkeep. Over here (USA) they are pitched at 18 year old kids! its crazy..... so the image is different, i wouldn't have an Evo over a TT if it was about brand association / image. I would defo have one as a fun car though they are freaking awesome and practical too!.. much easier getting my 2 year old in and out of a 4 door evo than it is a 2 door coupe! lol ;o)

Old 10-19-2008, 12:28 AM
SoCal Crew Member

^ it's actually funny at the demographic they choose to market to from the US, Japan and Euro markets.