Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Robbed!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 11:37 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Robbed!!!!!

I'll bring the AK...

wait, I sold it to buy car parts [:@](was a stupid decision on my part, I'm getting another one one day)

Old 11-12-2007, 11:52 AM
2nd Gear

Been there, been robbed like that.
But have a funnier story though.

Same thing happened about a year ago.
We had this mail box thief stealing out of mailboxes here in the country where I lived.
He would usually strike the ones that were at the end of long driveways which were not as visible from house.
Mine is far but still visible so he would come up to the house to see if anyone was home first.

Ihave mysecurity cam program (see link on my profile of program I wrote) which i monitor from work real time, BUT........
On that day my home computer with the cam was down as I was upgrading it with new hardware, so cam was down too.

So the dude hits my house , checks the side garage door which I hardly ever leave unlocked but it WAS that day[:@]so.. he sashays off with 2 chainsaws when I usually only have one in there. I think I saw it soon after on Ebay from a seller in MI but not sure.

The next week, after I get my computer and cam working, he shows up again!!
This time I see him for the first time when he gets there and call my brother who lives down the road and told him to investigate, he drives up but only after the guy is leaving and goes past him. So my brother just misses him and he sees a trail of my mail down the road where the guy threw it out.

Even more unbelievabel, there also was acop in the neighbor hood doing a stake out due to other reports of mailbox theft. BUT.....
He got called away on a rape report somewhere else at about that same time.

The dude has got to be the luckiest guy in the world.

But I did get some cam snap shots and video of the guy walking up to my door that last time and gave it to the police. So I know what he and his car looks like now at least.

And it is true that most theives strike during the day time when most people are at work.

Old 11-12-2007, 05:21 PM

Well, my best guess is that my wife, who usually leaves after me each morning, left the door unlocked. I'm usually the last one home at night, and I lock the door pretty religiously. She did admit to not really thinking about locking it in the morning, so it has probably been unlocked during the day more than it has been locked. That would make sense because with 2 cars and 2 motorcycles in a 2 car garage, they would be pretty hard pressed to get the tool chest out without setting off car or bike alarms by bumping into them. It would be much easier with the cars both out.

I have had some thoughts about one of my neighbors, butit is pure speculation without any direct evidence. I didn't get much sleep last night. Every noise I heard had me going to the window to look out at the garage. I guess this freaked me out a bit more than I thought. I think we're probably going to go the route of getting an alarm installed. Once bitten twice shy, I guess......