Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Robbed!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 06:51 PM
Default Robbed!!!!!

Got the TT all clean last night and went out to get a couple of coats of wax on her this morning. Hmmmm. The buffer isn't on the shelf where it should be. That's odd. Start looking around, and my router is missing too. WTF!?!?!? Then I turn around and my entire tool chest is freaking gone!!! All my hand tools, the ones I've bought, the ones I inherited from my dad, and the woodworking tools that were my grandfather's, all gone. No sign of forced entry, we must have left the side door unlocked. We're usually pretty good about keeping everything locked up, but one of us must have forgotten- easy to do when hauling kids around. I am really bummed- more so about losing stuff passed down from my grandfather to my dad and then to me than about the monetary loss or the pain in the *** of not having tools for a while.

Cops came and took a report. I went to Home Depot and got a spring to push the door closed automatically, a lock set that locks automatically when the door is closed and some motion sensor lights along with a new Husky 160 pc tool set to start my new collection and so I could install everything. Luckily they didn't touch the cars or the motorcycles. Cop said they probably just took stuff they could pawn easily. Fu**!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel like camping out in the garage with a basball bat and shotgun for the next few nights.

Old 11-11-2007, 06:55 PM
I'm make believe
Default RE: Robbed!!!!!

Man that sucks. Its easier if it was just stupid stuff you can replace, but not in this case. Hope the cops actually do something for you since they never seem to for anyone else.

Old 11-11-2007, 07:02 PM

That sucks man... I know you don't want to hear it, but they WILL get their's in the end. That kinda stuff is evil and it always has its own reward.

Old 11-11-2007, 07:03 PM
1st Gear

Take note of EVERYTHING stolen. Then start going to all the local pawnshops. Asking them might set them off if you are asking for something very particular. But if you show up and just say you're cruising for nothing particular, it's easier to do it.

Old 11-11-2007, 07:04 PM

I didn't haveserial numbers on anything, so unless they just happen to catch a guy with a craftsman tool chest, a Ryobi router, buffer with some old woodworking tools, I'm SOL. The stuff I did today, I probably should have done when we moved in, but I was lulled into stupidity/ laziness because we live in a nice neighborhood.

Anyway, I did three coats of wax all by hand and worked off some of the anger too.

Old 11-11-2007, 08:03 PM
2nd Gear

sorry about that, there is nothing worse than having some asshat steal from you... back in one of my old houses the theft there was horrible, we had somewhere around 8 bikes stolen (all seperate thefts), a lawnmower, the potted plants off the back patio, and the house broken into... not to mention watching a small group of teenage kids steal my neighbors car in all of about 15-20 seconds. sad thing is that it was a nice neighborhood.

Old 11-12-2007, 12:26 AM
1st Gear

well i was on spring break this year at myrtle beach, sc... and i went outside to take a ride on my motorcycle and someone stole it out of my truck (and my buddies bike). Three weeks later the cops called him and informed him that they found his bike... the guy wrecked it and died. Mine was never found. I was glad that he died though

Old 11-12-2007, 07:28 AM
2nd Gear

haha thats kinda funny, but sorry it happened.

Old 11-12-2007, 08:04 AM
2nd Gear

Big Al,

I hate to insinuate that any of your friends or neighbors may have stolen your things, but usually these things aren't just random. How often do you forget to shut/lock the door? What are the chances that the one time you forget to secure the door that someone "randomly" comes into your garage?

You have kids. If they are the right age and they have some weasily friends (or enemies for that matter) they could have stolen them. I would hate to think your kids needed to sell it for cash.

Maybe your wife had enough of your stuff taking up your time and space in the garage.

Or maybe someone just cased your house and every night they check your door to see if it was unlocked and last night happened to be their night.

Regardless, this person (or these people) will learn that God is just.

Old 11-12-2007, 11:21 AM
4th Gear

I feel like camping out in the garage with a basball bat and shotgun for the next few nights.
ill hold the bat... you got the shotty. (i would say id buy the booze too but im 18 and would just get ripped on)

Quick Reply: Robbed!!!!!