Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Roadster Subwoofer Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 02:02 PM
Default Roadster Subwoofer Upgrade

I know this topic has been covered before but I have yet to find any definite answers. I want to upgrade my low level response by adding a powered subwoofer. I have the Bose system, and it sounds great, except I could use a bit more bass.

I do not want to do anything as radical as what "Jeff" did to his 2001 TTR. I was thinking of an Infinity Basslink or powered bazooka in the trunk. What I would like to know is if it is even worth it and will I even be able to hear it, or will it be muffled. I already tried replacing the stock 9” Bose subwoofer with an expensive JL Audio, but much to my surprise the Bose actually sounded better, so I reverted. I have had different opinions from different stereo installers in my area on what they think would sound good. Some say trunk mounted woofers would be ok, others do not.

Any suggestions?

Old 02-05-2008, 02:13 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Roadster Subwoofer Upgrade

i got alpine 12in for sale!!!!! 2 of em there brand new with a box and amp

Old 02-05-2008, 02:20 PM

ORIGINAL: Red_sapphire89

i got alpine 12in for sale!!!!! 2 of em there brand new with a box and amp
LOL I knew you were going to respond and offer me those LOL. Sorry man, those would NEVER fit into my roadster.

Old 02-05-2008, 03:43 PM
2nd Gear

lol there insane loud i cant stand em yea they wouldnt fit in the roadster they would but youd need alot work youd have to build a box permanent in the trunk lol

Old 02-05-2008, 03:59 PM
1st Gear

you dont have to build a permanent box for the trunk. i have a fiberglass box in my truck with 2 10" and a display amp in the front. i can take the box out any time i want thats about the only option that you can do. i work at a car audio store and i recommend you do a custom box for your trunk.

Old 02-05-2008, 04:07 PM

ORIGINAL: Restrepo

you dont have to build a permanent box for the trunk. i have a fiberglass box in my truck with 2 10" and a display amp in the front. i can take the box out any time i want thats about the only option that you can do. i work at a car audio store and i recommend you do a custom box for your trunk.
And you have a roadster? And it sounds good through the partition? Do you have pics?

Old 02-05-2008, 04:34 PM
1st Gear

i dont have a roadster, i have a coupe and yes it sounds really loud in it. you can take the measurements of your trunk and make a custom box in it. i dont have pictures in this computer.

Old 02-05-2008, 10:30 PM
2nd Gear

in otherwards buy my subs for 400 without the box =)

Old 02-05-2008, 10:36 PM

ORIGINAL: Red_sapphire89

in otherwards buy my subs for 400 without the box =)
Before I buy any subs I am trying to figure out the answer to my original question...would subwoofers in the trunk of a roadster sound muffled?

Old 02-05-2008, 11:40 PM
2nd Gear

no not reallyy theyd be loud trust me I had subs in a convertible eclipse same as a roadster basically they were still loud in the car...i had 2 10in but wished i had 12s

Quick Reply: Roadster Subwoofer Upgrade