Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

rim spacers??? safe??? help!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 10:32 PM
1st Gear
Default rim spacers??? safe??? help!!!!!

Hi guys.. I just bought a set of 18" rims for my TT but I have a small problem the front ones touch the brakes (caliper) I dont know if I should put spacers , I dont know how safe the are and how far out I should go if you guys have any suggestions they are welcome. P.S they rims barely touch the brakes i would say 1/2 inch out would do the job to be on the safe side. thank you!!!!

Old 07-02-2008, 10:34 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: rim spacers??? safe??? help!!!!!

spacers are safe... all you need is longer bolts

Old 07-02-2008, 10:39 PM
2nd Gear

just make sure you get hubcentric ones, that way your bolts aren't holding up the car.
Most wheel spacer horror stories i've heard happened from people getting cheap ebay spacers that weren't hubcentric, or people who used the stock bolts [:'(]

Old 07-02-2008, 10:40 PM
2nd Gear

use adaptors not spacers

Old 07-02-2008, 10:50 PM
1st Gear

ok .. now where do i get those spacers??? is there any store that sells them? or I have to go to their website? and what size do you guys recomment for the front and rear? thank you!!!!
eBay Motors: 18 Diamante Audi TT 3000gt stealth Tacoma Scion TC Rims (item 130232085091 end time Jun-23-08 16:16:47 PDT) [/align]

Old 07-03-2008, 12:14 AM
1st Gear

Not sure why MYSLOW1 suggests to use adapter instead of spacer but you can definitly SAFELY use spacer. I ran spacers on my car for quite some time and at high speeds no problem. As stated previously, use hubcentric spacers. Size of bolts depends on size of spacers. I use this wheel spacer calculator to figure out spacers. Optimal look will be flush with the fender. All you do is enter the width of the wheel and the offset of the wheel and enter a 0 (zero) for spacer size and the calculator will show you how far inside the fender you are. That measurment (or close to it) will be your nicest looking spacer IMO. Here is the link.>>>http://www.2x.ca/TT/offset/

Good luck.

Edit: you can purchase various size hubcentric spacers at ECSTuning H&R and ECS brand are popular

Old 07-03-2008, 12:22 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: TurboTT920

Not sure why MYSLOW1 suggests to use adapter instead of spacer but you can definitly SAFELY use spacer. I ran spacers on my car for quite some time and at high speeds no problem. As stated previously, use hubcentric spacers. Size of bolts depends on size of spacers. I use this wheel spacer calculator to figure out spacers. Optimal look will be flush with the fender. All you do is enter the width of the wheel and the offset of the wheel and enter a 0 (zero) for spacer size and the calculator will show you how far inside the fender you are. That measurment (or close to it) will be your nicest looking spacer IMO. Here is the link.>>>http://www.2x.ca/TT/offset/

Good luck.

Edit: you can purchase various size hubcentric spacers at ECSTuning H&R and ECS brand are popular
why do you TYPE some stuff in ALL caps? i dont UNDERSTAND it.
lol

i just suggest them because you dont have to get longer bolts.

Old 07-03-2008, 12:34 AM
1st Gear

I can see your point some what but adapters only come in 20 and 25mm sizes and most people go with smaller sizes than that.

Old 07-03-2008, 12:40 AM
2nd Gear

you can get them smaller than that. I kow you can get them in 15mm. 10mm i doubt so for that you would need a spacer

Old 07-03-2008, 01:18 AM
1st Gear

I would like to see where you could purchase adapters smaller than 20mm. I thoroughly searched foradapters smaller than 20mm. The responses I got were they do not come smaller than 20 for safety reasons. If there are adapters in 15mm please post up a link because that is what I am looking for. Here is a link to my thread my alternate thoughts when adapters smaller than 20mm are needed http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3898431

Quick Reply: rim spacers??? safe??? help!!!!!