Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Removing the rear wall trim/panel

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 10:02 AM
2nd Gear
Default Removing the rear wall trim/panel

Ok so i went out and got new 5 1/4 speakers for the rear.

i got annoyed at the crackling of the stock speakers compared to the jbls in the front.

I ws taking a look at the panels yesterday and i have NO IDEA HOW TO REMOVE them. i searched google and the closest i got was a reference to the service repair manual... like that helps [:@]

so i am assuming some1 here has done this b4 or knows how to do it or is kind enough to provide me with that particular part of the service manual ... please let me know and it is very apreciated in advance

Old 09-11-2007, 10:21 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Removing the rear wall trim/panel

you need to take the seatbacks out (2x17mm socket and 2xT45 torx per seat (not 100%sure about torx size.)) ,
and then find a very very very deep socket (17mm) to remove the latches for the seatbacks.
(i couldnt find a socket deep enough, you might have to go to the dealer, maybe they have a specialty tool)
then the whole side panel just pops off.

Old 09-11-2007, 12:36 PM
2nd Gear

do i fold the seats down from the trunk? where do i access the bolts?

Old 09-11-2007, 03:25 PM
2nd Gear

you take the lower cushion out, then you can reach them.

just pull the cushion up, needs a little tough love.

Old 09-11-2007, 03:31 PM
2nd Gear

pull forward and push? do they pop out (like are they on lcips?)

Old 09-11-2007, 06:01 PM
2nd Gear

yes they are on clips

Old 09-13-2007, 08:59 AM
2nd Gear

ok so i trie dto tackle it last night... got the seats out. got the right latch holder with my socket and then what !!! the other side .. whoever last removed it or the factory had to decide to make it longer than the other one.. so great couldnt take off the driver side rear panel. so im gonan buy a deeper socket today.

aside from that .. BestBuy tells me 5/14 speakers.. thats fine so i get those.. and look what happens.. THEY DONT FIT THE MOUNTS!!!! surprise surprise... trust the 15 yr old at best buy... 1st mistake...

so im gonna see what they can do. any1 chanegd the rear speakers? i wanna find out what are my options here for speakers ... cuz the hole for the speaker inm the wall barely fits the magnet and the circuit board peice where you soder the wires.

any ideas

Old 09-13-2007, 09:00 AM
2nd Gear

[:@]oh yea i forgot to mention ... those darn germans and their retard designs for body trim.

love their engeneeirng ... dont love their logic from clip placements and body disassembly [:@]

Old 09-13-2007, 10:03 AM
2nd Gear

You dont need to remove those latch bolts. where the panel meets the lower door trim beside the front seat, pull out on the panel a little and the clips will pop out. There's about 12 clips on each side. Once you get the clips out, the panel should slide from beneath the latch bolt in the back. it's intimidating the first time because you feel like you'll break the panel. I have pulled these damn near 100 times in the last few months rearranging all my audio stuff to my liking. good luck.

Old 09-13-2007, 11:04 AM
2nd Gear

i got the one side off but the one bolt is too deep for my socket on the other side.

i got the one side out and realized the 51/4 speakers were too small .

i got JBL GTO 5 1/4

Quick Reply: Removing the rear wall trim/panel