Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

redoing all the interior

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 05:28 PM
Default RE: redoing all the interior

Well, that depends.. Do you have more money than you know what to do with? Do you plan on keeping this car until it literally rusts away? Is the color/interior combination that you want so different that you can't find what you are looking for and has to be custom made? If you answered yes to anyof those questions, go for it. If you didn't, find a new one that suits your tastes, it will be easier, cheaper, and more realistic.

Old 07-02-2007, 06:44 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: a4BRZLowrider

when u come backu think about that man.... thats the last thing i would think about if i were in a war!!! lolol
Haha, the only thing you can think about over here is coming back..

Old 07-02-2007, 06:53 PM
1st Gear

Well I already have taken a hit on the value. I plan on keeping the car for a LONG time. Long enough that when I go to sell the car it won't probably even be worth enough for someone to care that much about the original color. I was considering on getting rid of the car and just looking for a black one but the one I have is mechnically in such perfect condition and was taken care of very very well before it was purchased. Also I owe 19k on it and for trade in i'm only going to get around 12-13 so i'll be taking a huge loss.

Thanks

Old 07-02-2007, 09:51 PM
5th Gear

I dunno, can't say I totally agree with you guys on this one. If its done right, and ALL the paint is reshot (underside of hood/engine bay/door jambs), I'd consider it as good as original, and I'd almost be willing to pay a little extra if its a one of a kind paint color (in terms of factory color options for a specific vehicle). I'd love to have a TT with a ton of pearlescences (is that a word?) in the paint, white would look hot.

Old 07-02-2007, 10:14 PM
3rd Gear

I love white TT's!! And I can speak from experience that yes when you are over here in the sandbox all you can think about is women, cars and beer! In no paticular order...

Old 07-02-2007, 10:26 PM
1st Gear

Haha, very true 225TT.I would love to get the car painted completely pearl white. I was thinking of getting even something as simple as seats covers (black)for the leather and maybe getting the carpet and roofrestitched along with the plastic and other pieces painted. I know it be pretty expensive but once completed a pearl white TT with a beautiful black interior would look amazing.

1. How much would a pearl white paint job cost for a denim blue TT
2. Although I know it only be a rough (very rough) estimate how much do you all think all the restitching and paintingand such would cost?

Old 07-03-2007, 12:39 AM
1st Gear

I mean you could look at taking the panels out and staining them.... and can't you have the leather dyed? I don't know what you could do about the carpet and headliner though.

Old 07-03-2007, 01:33 AM
2nd Gear

1. How much would a pearl white paint job cost for a denim blue TT
2. Although I know it only be a rough (very rough) estimate how much do you all think all the restitching and paintingand such would cost?
1. If you go to a decent shop they'll probly jack you $2000+. If you go to a really pro shop and have them do a thorough detailed job they'll jack you at least $4000+ esp if they remove your panels etc to paint them.
2. Well I've seen a baseball leather TT interior (seats, door panels, shifter, e-brake) go for $1500, idk how much custom work would be.

Old 07-03-2007, 01:59 AM
1st Gear

If the original paint is in good shape, you'd be foolish to respray. I can just about GUARANTEE you that you will not be happy with the result; you simply can't duplicate factory paint. Unless you willing to pay huge $$ (> $5K) for a 1st-rate job you will wish you hadn't done it.

Old 07-03-2007, 05:23 AM
3rd Gear

PM sent

Quick Reply: redoing all the interior