Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Rear Sway bar here! wooo

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 07:55 PM
2nd Gear
Default Rear Sway bar here! wooo

My rear sway bar just got here yesterday. Im anxious to jump on that today after the sun comes up a little more and I rehydrate some. I've heard it's a pretty easy installation, but for some reason... I can't find a DIY or pictorial on here. Is it justthat easy, that it isn't necessary; am I not looking hard enough; or is there just not any pictures up yet?

Old 05-04-2007, 08:37 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Rear Sway bar here! wooo

i think it's supposed to be pretty straight forward , just bolts right back into the factory mounts from what i understand. let me know what you think after you get a chance to try it out. i've been considering one for awhile now.

Old 05-04-2007, 10:43 PM

I'm doing front and rear bars on mine. I ordered the H&R bars along with a set of the Hotchkis Sport Springs. I didn't want to drop my car hard, just about an inch to close some of the fender well gap.

Old 05-05-2007, 02:06 AM
2nd Gear

I here the rear is about 15-20 minute job.the front on the other hand... I heard that one takes a few hours.

Old 05-05-2007, 11:06 AM
1st Gear

Here's link that has photos and a write up on the rear sway bar. Exhaust has to come off. The rear bar is not that hard, just leave a little extra time. I installed the H&R 21/25 mm front and rear set. The front will take you much longer. Be prepared to take a full day with it. Removing the subframe is not for the weak of heart. Also be careful with the driverside swaybar clamp. It is not readily apparent that there is an integral clamp that secures the turbo oil cooler lines.

http://public.fotki.com/thorenpc/car...eed_19mm_rear/

Old 05-05-2007, 12:10 PM
2nd Gear

Right on. thanks. Yea... I should remove rear sway bar from my signature. I didn't have the 17mm socket to undo the exhaust up front. Those nuts are rusty as hell. I put some break-free on them and will let them sit overnight. Tomorrow I'll try to find a 17mm and try it again.

Old 05-05-2007, 06:10 PM

I'mhaving Sewickley Audi install myAPR exhaust at the same time that my car is getting the springs and sway bars. I figured that since the exhaust requires the sub-frame to be moved out of the way I'd get it all done at once. I know I'm gonna have a big labor bill when all is said and done, but I don't have a lift, the air tools or the experience with the TT to do all of this myself. At least I know it's going to get done right and if there are any issues I can take it back.

Old 05-07-2007, 02:23 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: beefyosito

I'mhaving Sewickley Audi install myAPR exhaust at the same time that my car is getting the springs and sway bars. I figured that since the exhaust requires the sub-frame to be moved out of the way I'd get it all done at once. I know I'm gonna have a big labor bill when all is said and done, but I don't have a lift, the air tools or the experience with the TT to do all of this myself. At least I know it's going to get done right and if there are any issues I can take it back.
beefysito, im sure your better off with getting audi to install the springs and swaybars. If you don't have the mechincal know-how then it is risky trying to install aftermarket parts. At least you know it will be done right and if you have any trouble you can just take it back and get it fixed free of charge

Old 05-07-2007, 01:06 PM
4th Gear

Yeah my springs are turning out to be a HUGE pita!
Not that the process itself is hard. Just keep finding other parts that need to be replaced along the way... Ya know, like, shocks.