Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

RAI Motorsport Dogbone mount

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 04:22 PM
2nd Gear

seeing that tight space for the dp gives me nightmares...

edit
oh and that exhaust is secks but not the first time i have seen it lol

Old 03-03-2009, 04:27 PM

yeah, like i said cat will be a option. if its drone your worried about i wouldnt worry! we are using some really high quality mufflers in the system. the tips are kind of brushed. the look was accidental actually. we made the tips from scratch and needed to get the weld work out of them, so we grinded them down and they looked like that. chris saw it and said thats how he wants to keep it! we can work more on group buy pricing once we figure out a actual price!

Old 03-03-2009, 04:34 PM

yeah the installation for it will be a pita. i dont want to make it 2 piece for reliability reasons. so your gonna have to suck it up! and yeah i know there are similiar systems out there. but the difference is in the material and workmanship. its not a kid in china making it. also after the split we maintain 3" tubing instead of flaring down to 2.5". the other differences will be the use of vband flanges on a production exhaust system. something not commonly found. other differences include actual notched hanger rod not a stick. notched hanger rods are what come oem on our cars. they hold the exhaust system much tighter. these rods are made from 309 stainless to allow us to bend them without breaking tools. as with most things the difference is found in the details.

Old 03-03-2009, 04:46 PM
5th Gear

stuff looks good, but I'm not surprised.

Old 03-03-2009, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by achTTung
stuff looks good, but I'm not surprised.
thanks bro!

Old 03-03-2009, 10:18 PM
3rd Gear

I'm drooling a little. I would love to hear a price when you guys are ready to go into production. I'm thinking titanium for the tips!

Old 03-03-2009, 10:59 PM
1st Gear

that makes my exhaust look like a big pile of $hit... thanks a lot Ray!

but seriously that looks really good
way to go!

Old 03-04-2009, 08:54 AM
1st Gear
Default RAI Motorsport Dogbone

I have had the pleasure of dealing with RAI with this dogbone, was not sure how to install and i called them, left a message and they called me back. I consider that great customer service and support. Now as for the Dogbone? Oh yeah baby its awsome, car feels really good, much better than stock with no vibrations, here are some of my pics with the mount installed. ( a little greasy cause i did it myself). Also did my own custom front mount intercooler, a pain but now my car is pulling really good!!!!RAI Motorsport Dogbone mount-picture-004.jpg

RAI Motorsport Dogbone mount-picture-005.jpg

RAI Motorsport Dogbone mount-picture-006.jpg

Old 03-04-2009, 12:23 PM
SoCal Crew Member

I concur with Tai and everyone else that that exhaust set up looks really awesome. As for the DB, what does it do specifically. Just make the engine have little to no vibration?

Old 03-04-2009, 03:20 PM
I'm make believe

It stops the engine from rocking front to back. Not sure why you dont just sell the bushings

Quick Reply: RAI Motorsport Dogbone mount