Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

RAI Motorsport Dogbone mount

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 04:45 PM
Default RAI Motorsport Dogbone mount (update exhaust info)

sup guys, its been a while since ive posted but im still around lurking. anyways the shop is doing well and we have begun development of some of our own parts. the dogbone mount is definatly a cool part. it is noticeably stiffer than stock and it does not transfer vibration as bad as poly bushings. we still use rubber for the bushing but it is higher tension than stock. we have kept in contant contact with customers using this and they all love it with no complaints. hopefully some of you guys will try it out and give your own review, i love it but i am biased. also we are working on some other cool parts as well, somebody say 3" turbo back, vband flanged!!!!!

Attached Thumbnails RAI Motorsport Dogbone mount-dogbonered.jpg  

Last edited by rayveedub; 03-03-2009 at 03:38 PM.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:51 PM
1st Gear

price? I'm in the market

Old 03-02-2009, 10:11 PM

oops i forgot that stuff, 75 bucks shipped.

http://www.raimotorsport.com/Perform...i-pdb-0001.htm

Old 03-02-2009, 10:38 PM
3rd Gear

Im in the market for a 3"TB exhaust... (225) how much? more info?

Old 03-03-2009, 12:29 AM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by warranty225cpe
Im in the market for a 3"TB exhaust... (225) how much? more info?

RAI made my 3" exhaust Turbo back... The DP is sick, and the exhaust sounds awesome.

Old 03-03-2009, 09:08 AM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by WishIWasRWD
RAI made my 3" exhaust Turbo back... The DP is sick, and the exhaust sounds awesome.
At what price?

Old 03-03-2009, 01:58 PM

the system we put on chris car is sweet. all USA made 304 stainless steel tubing, the downpipe is made from 3" on 3" clr tubing from burns stainless (if you dont know these guys are baller and that type of bend is very difficult to mandrel bend.)

Also a good friend and customer agreed to let us use the car to fabricate a production version of the exhuast. The production version will include the exact downpipe we used on chris's car, but finishing off to a vband flange. the cats will be deleted from the system and j o2 bungs will be fitted into it to eliminate the cel. the j bung will be a option for those of you running unitronic you will be able to upgrade to our stage 2 software which will pass emmisions without the catalyst. now for the disclaimer OFF ROAD USE ONLY. we can add a catalyst into the system for a fee for those who get visual inspections.
Pricing on the system is still rough. It will be competitively priced but a decision has been made a while ago that we are not using inferior materials, and all of our branded parts will not be compromised for the sake of saving a dollar. We are not attempting to make the cheapest system out there. We simply rather sell less of a higher quality part than alot of poor quality. This helps us maintain the companies reputation and keeps quality control higher. We build everything on a "one man, one part" system. Everything has to be approved before shipping. i will get pricing up asap. like i said, this system will be competitive in pricing. i will have a more accurate determination this week.

ill post some pics in a minute of the exhaust we put on chris's car. thanks.

also i am very open to a group buy to get this thing going!!

Old 03-03-2009, 03:37 PM

for your viewing pleasure!

Attached Thumbnails RAI Motorsport Dogbone mount-cimg0493e.jpg   RAI Motorsport Dogbone mount-cimg0495.jpg   RAI Motorsport Dogbone mount-cimg0496.jpg   RAI Motorsport Dogbone mount-cimg0500e.jpg   RAI Motorsport Dogbone mount-cimg0502e.jpg  

Old 03-03-2009, 03:41 PM

these pics were taken during the mock up. the tips were custom made in house, dual wall 3" flaring to 4" exit.

Attached Thumbnails RAI Motorsport Dogbone mount-cimg0504e.jpg   RAI Motorsport Dogbone mount-cimg0507e.jpg   RAI Motorsport Dogbone mount-cimg0516e.jpg   RAI Motorsport Dogbone mount-cimg0517.jpg  
Old 03-03-2009, 04:02 PM
3rd Gear

^wow that looks really nice. those bends must make it flow very well. Im interested, but I might want mine with a cat. I dont want it to drone or be too loud. I would be interested in a group buy as well. Are those brushed tips?

Quick Reply: RAI Motorsport Dogbone mount