Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.
View Poll Results: A poll
I like the racing stripes
50.00%
Racing stripes are ugly
50.00%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Racing stripes

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2006, 02:02 PM
1st Gear
Default Racing stripes

Hey guys what do you think of the racing stripes on my audi pic?
I photo shopped them on.
Thinkin about putting on a set.
I really like how they look but wanted to see what everyone else thought. never seen one with stripes before.
I like my car to look different and not blend in.

Old 10-03-2006, 02:57 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: Racing stripes

You will stand out. Just hope that it isn't only to cops. Go for it.

Old 10-03-2006, 04:36 PM
1st Gear

The other idea would be one wide stripe down the center.
only thing thats got me having a hard time deciding is dual stripes are a muscle car thing now import.

I really like this body styling
http://www.streetconcept.com/prodimages/tt-dm-full.JPG

but i'm going to try working with black.

Old 10-03-2006, 05:55 PM
1st Gear

Good photo shop job...i was looking at your TT the other day and thought to myself how good they looked. I would like to do it myself, but the thing that holds me back it the 'resale' factor. There will come a day that I will want to sell my TT and I would be afraid that it would hinder me from selling it. I doubt a middle aged guy or gal would want to buy a TT that has racing stripes (if that makes any sense). With that said, I still would love to do it, and I am still going to think about doing it.

Old 10-03-2006, 06:42 PM
1st Gear

Thats the problem with the Audi is the type of people who normally buy the TT are middle aged people who don't want it to be flashy.

Now if you put stripes on lets say a 350Z it wouldn't hurt resale at all.

or a mustang.
but man they look good on it. So hard to decide.
with them just being a big sticker they could be removed and with a good detail shop they could buff the paint back to a matching color.

Old 10-03-2006, 09:39 PM
2nd Gear

The TT is a more midlle aged person car almost like myself and want it to stay classy looking. The strips make it look more likea mustang muscle car. But to each his own and does look pretty good for that style of design.

Old 10-07-2006, 04:58 AM
2nd Gear
Default Pass

I think the stripes would cheapen the look of your car. It would make it look like every Mustang and ricer car out there. Stripes don't do anything for the look of the car so why would you want it?

If you must go two tone, I like the look of the hood, roof, and rear deck painted a contrasting color.

Old 10-07-2006, 04:34 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Pass

A little too mustang for my taste... I like the clean shape the TT has, and the stripes seem to take away from the body style....

Old 10-08-2006, 06:26 PM
1st Gear

I like them and after showing your pic to my wife she is going to talk to a lady that she works with who's husband does vinal work. I'm thinking either black or carbon fiber.... If you do it please post some pics.

Old 10-19-2006, 07:00 PM
3rd Gear

Yea I'm not a big fan of the dual stripes, I plan on getting a new paint job and then putting a silver strip (20") all the way down my TT, dunno still thinking about it. I have the roadster so... but other than that whatever floats your boat remember that, yea its a TT so dont rice it out, but its still you car and do what you want with it.

Quick Reply: Racing stripes