Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Please be safe guys even if its an open road know your limits

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 09:57 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Please be safe guys even if its an open road know your limits

hahaha sorry. I agree that they are very long, but it's hard for me to "cover all my bases" without having long responses. I really don't want to leave anything out and then have somebody pick it apart because I left something out, and then make that post useless. I would rather write a long post fully explaining how I feel, and if you feel like arguing with me (please don't, I'm tired already) then you can read it and make an informed comment about it. Otherwise, just don't even read them as they have nothing to do with the topic: it has to do with somewhat personal attacks on my dad's decision to get me a "sports car." I'll try to cut them down in the future

Old 02-04-2008, 09:57 PM
2nd Gear

BTW you dont want any tickets either I got plenty and Im payin for it 315mo insurance

Old 02-04-2008, 10:00 PM
1st Gear

well I mean not having any accidents or wrecks 400 days in (it's actually been much longer) is a heck of a lot better for my point than having to admit that I have had either one. I agree that it doesn't mean as much as it would for someone who has been driving for longer, but it certainly means something. By the way, you didn't see me basing a major argument on that fact. I actually think that I kind of just threw that in there as extra support.

Old 02-04-2008, 10:09 PM
1st Gear

by the way your friend's porsche does look sick. to be honest my dad has done zero exterior mods and zero engine mods. That thing feels like its on rails on the track though. PSS9s, decambered and lowered, race clutch, race tires, roll bar, 5-point harnesses, Sparco Evos, fire extinguisher*(spelling corrected), and a bunch of other stuff that I don't remember. haha he loves that thing. I've only driven it on the track once, but WOW is the only word I can use to describe it- it just does not let go of that track

Old 02-04-2008, 10:31 PM

ORIGINAL: Red_sapphire89

BTW you dont want any tickets either I got plenty and Im payin for it 315mo insurance
HOLY SH*T!!!! 315mo???!!

Speaking of Porsches..my mother-in-law started with a Miata, few year later she got a Z3, then a Boxster, then a Boxster S, then another Boxster S, and now she has a 07' Carrera S Cabriolet. I keep telling her that the turbo is next, and it's calling her. She is the whole reason I wanted a roadster, hence my TTR. After driving her various Porsches she has had throughout the years she got me hooked on the whole roadster way of life.

Old 02-04-2008, 10:39 PM
1st Gear

yeah I actually had the chance to drive an acquaintance's mom's turbo. I think it was like an '04 or '05. Despite the fact that it was stupid fast, I am going to have to say that I had a very large dislike for the clutch pedal in that car. It's a lot different from either my dad's boxster or my TT's pedal. Like you know how the clutch spring is hard to push at first then gets easier as it gets closer to the floor? The turbo's clutch pedal was weird in that it required the same amount of pressure to push all the way from the top to the floor (suprisingly little pressure actually), and likewise back up. It really caught me off guard when I started to drive it because I was used to a really different feeling clutch. But then I hit the accelerator and all the problems were instantly forgotten haha

Old 02-04-2008, 10:44 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: doadea

HOLY SH*T!!!! 315mo???!!
yea it sucks! But i deserve it i guess.....Its mostly for doing 120 in a 45 in a wheelie...

Old 02-04-2008, 10:48 PM
4th Gear

Who would give (most) 18 year olds a sports car in general? They have high insurance rates for a reason. It's been proven over and over again, period. There are a extremely small group of kids that IMO can handle sports cars. For the younger guys debateing this.... have you ever driven recklessly, raced,or driven over 90mph? Have you ever crashed or came close to crashing? If so, you should not be driving your car and something safer(IMO).
have you driven above 90? ill be honest, yes i have been above 90, but any car will do that today... and im sure most of you if not all of you have been over 90...

im not here to start a whole debate but i dont really think thats a fair question.. but thats just my opinion so yeah

Old 02-04-2008, 10:48 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: doadea

HOLY SH*T!!!! 315mo???!!
yea it sucks! But i deserve it i guess.....Its mostly for doing 120 in a 45 in a wheelie...

hahahah nice. man I would be scared sh*tless going 120 on a motorcycle let alone in a wheelie. that's impressive to me. did you have to go to jail for the night or anything or was you motorcycle impounded?

Old 02-04-2008, 10:50 PM
2nd Gear

jail for the night impounded bike 500 dollar fine 225 court cost 500 bail 175 to get bike 3months suspension on license out after that i was broke as hell i shoulda ran cuz i was drivin my tt without a license and goin 25 in a 20mph gated community where they (real cops (county) ) clock radar in florida and he flipped his lights on got behind me i put the pedal to the floor weht around a loop he came the other way and cut me off i went threw someones front yard and around another corner and into my garage never got caught scraped the tt on the garage wall a little but thats it basically im an iddiot....

Quick Reply: Please be safe guys even if its an open road know your limits