Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Please be safe guys even if its an open road know your limits

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 03:44 PM
2nd Gear
Default Please be safe guys even if its an open road know your limits

I am 18 myself i push my car all the time on open roads but i know my limits i don't try and take a corner as fast as possible when i know i can loose control...If you guys wanna push the cars to the max get on a track and get some gear on or go auto cross...I myself am lucky to be alive to be honest i dropped a bike at 65 in a wheelie when i was 16 (04 r6) then again when i was 17 almost 18 i had a brand new 07 Gixxer 600 I got a flat tire had the dealer put michelins on it which had recalls i knowingly knew and igniored the recall well on I-4 in orlando florida the front tire blew out at 100mph and i went down with it luckily i had a jacket and helmet on etc and i came out ok...my point is be careful out there no matter what "machine" your on or in....
http://www.ocala.com/article/2008012...amp;source=RSS
http://www.ocala.com/article/2008012.../BREAKING_NEWS this one has a video at the bottom

Old 02-03-2008, 04:25 PM
5th Gear
Default RE: Please be safe guys even if its an open road know your limits

Unfortunate, quite unfortunate, but accident aside, at least they weren't on the road potentially involving other cars or pedestrians.

Thats pretty crazy though.

Old 02-03-2008, 05:16 PM
2nd Gear

I heard about it a few days ago. They hit the tree 15 feet in the air, right??

Old 02-03-2008, 05:26 PM
2nd Gear

I did stupid things at 18 in my old Jetta but I made sure I did them alone. What this kid did was just plain stupidity. I wish those parents like them didn't allow their child on the road with a 500hp monster. It even happened to Hulks son & he's 17. I've seen alot of wreck around here involving fast cars & young kids. The school I went to every 6 months a few kids were killed in a car wreck (or suicide). 16yo in a vette. 18 in a cobra. & one girl in a jag xk(?). Or another 19yo on his CBR running from the police tapped the curb ejected 200ft into someones living room. I'll just say the body wasn't one.

I'm just ranting since I really have a problem with dumb people thinking that it won't happen to them.

Old 02-03-2008, 05:36 PM
1st Gear

That's really sad. As I am 17, this kind of hits home because I do ride with friends who drive their parents "supercars" on a regular occasion (E55 AMG, DB9, and M5). All I have to say is wow.

But question: if it turns out that the driver had consumed alcohol, doesn't that mean that the people who had thrown the party and provided alcohol can now be charged with 5 counts of manslaughter? For some reason I vaguely remember reading somewhere that if you provide alcohol to someone that then proceeds to either die in a car crash, or kill someone else in a car crash, you (the party that provided the alcohol) can be charged with manslaughter? I would imagine that the fact that the driver was a legal minor would also play a role.

Old 02-03-2008, 05:38 PM
2nd Gear

Yes that is true. 2nd degree most of the time, just asked my mother. Both my parents are retired police officers.

1st Gear

That law might be only in Texas though... unsure.

1st Gear

Nevermind then. that was a quick post

Old 02-03-2008, 10:17 PM
2nd Gear

Any parent who gives their kida car like that is asking for danger. same for parents who pay for your tt's!!!

Old 02-03-2008, 10:53 PM
1st Gear

Debateable... Before I write a really really long rant about why your comment lacks substance and logical sense, please just tell me (A) how an M5 is in any way comparable to a TT, and (B) how my parents are asking for danger by buying me a TT. I will gladly debate you. I am very interested in your reasoning of this.

Quick Reply: Please be safe guys even if its an open road know your limits