Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

please help

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 09:56 PM
1st Gear
Default please help

hey guys im a bit of a noob when it comes to Audi so i figured u guys might know. i havent bought a TT yet but im looking to. Which model is best to buy and wut year. i want the 225 one but i dont know if there is a certain year i should get and i was looking for aftermarket parts i cant find many which kind of worries me.

Old 08-25-2007, 10:02 PM
I'm make believe
Default RE: please help

all 225's are good, but the 03+ have a better ecu to tune with. So if you have big plans like a bigger turbo, that would be a better choice. If not, then dont worry about it because the 01 and 02 cars are just as good, just the ecu/vvt is differnt.

parts:

ecstuning.com
ttstuff.com
boostfactory.net
pagparts.com
atpturbo.com
20squared.com

there are tons of sites and most 1.8t stuff (audi/vw) are interchangeable.

Old 08-25-2007, 10:08 PM
1st Gear

id say it all depends on what you wanna do... if you wanna highly modify it or if you wanna keep it mostly stock...
if you wanna modify it for quarter miles prolly go with a cheaper FWD 180 and with the money you save go big turbo, there also light weight and have less drive train loss... traction might be a problem tho i dont know ask cincy bout those ones.
but if you wanna use it on a track but keep the engine mostly stock get the 225, all of which have quattro...
again if you want that all wheel drive but still wanna go BT then get a 180 quattro (like me)
but if you just wanna do minor things to it get any 225

Old 08-25-2007, 10:50 PM
1st Gear

i was origanlly gonna go with the evo so in that case i think i'll get the 225 awd car and i think im gonna start looking for 03 models now to. thanks guys. my goal is to kick my friends srt-4s *** so he will shut up. he keeps tryn to keep me from buyn a TT. where i live no one has this car thats the main reason why i want it. i see evos and sti's everywhere lol. this car is a head turner and i heard wut is sound like with a magnaflow exhaust and i started to cryit sounded so badass but i would like to get the borla because thats all i buy so hopefully it sounds the same. im real excited to get this car.

Old 08-25-2007, 11:06 PM
I'm make believe

Borla makes a great sounding exhaust for the TT. But your going to need plenty of $$ to beat a srt-4 in a strait line. You can pretty much take him in other situations with a lot less effort though.

Old 08-25-2007, 11:07 PM
4th Gear

just get a stock TT and tell your friend youll race him in a circuit (not straight) cause a TT will out perform those like none other

Old 08-25-2007, 11:12 PM
1st Gear

i figured i could beat him in a circuit race. i know its gonna take some $$ to beat to but thats the best part lol. i looked on those sites u posted cincy and most of them really sell vw parts can any of those be put on a tt

Old 08-25-2007, 11:17 PM
I'm make believe

Most can. The only thing that isusually a problem is adownpipe. Apr, del rio, and pagparts all make kits just for the 225. Others you will need a custom downpipe. But most other things are interchangeable

Old 08-25-2007, 11:23 PM
1st Gear

ok so im gonna look for 03 225 model and they only come in awd right? i just wanna have fun with this car. you guys r gonna hearing from me alot because ive never worked on an audi is it hard?

Old 08-25-2007, 11:30 PM
I'm make believe

all 225's are 6spd and awd. I think they are pretty easy to work on, others my disagree.