Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Picking an Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 11:57 AM
1st Gear

Tone comparrison with the blueflame i mean. sorry i didnt clerify it before

Old 10-02-2008, 12:49 PM

the blueflame is deeper and louder then stock but still very clean sounding. not raspy like the sti's it's a smooth deep sound but not crazy loud. u'll hear it on the highway but it'll relax you not annoy you. JUST GET IT!! lol it's good. no1 can say anythin bad about it. as long as no1 can say it's a POS then why would you be worried?

Old 10-02-2008, 01:10 PM
SoCal Crew Member

^ STi's? raspy? rofl. i think not.

have 2 friends with STi's, one with a Borla with a cobb DP and the other with an HKS Hii-power and megan DP.

and wow. the rumble of those flat fours will put any exhaust on any TT to shame.

besides, you can always delete the resonator OR your muffler if u want more noise ;]

Old 10-02-2008, 01:54 PM

i mean they have a gargol affect i never said it sounds bad just very different from a TT tho. put us to shame i don't know depends on what you like i think it would annoy me after a while. and out the 2 i'd have to say the hks sounds better. just opion

Old 10-02-2008, 02:25 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by .clipse
^ STi's? raspy? rofl. i think not.

have 2 friends with STi's, one with a Borla with a cobb DP and the other with an HKS Hii-power and megan DP.

and wow. the rumble of those flat fours will put any exhaust on any TT to shame.

besides, you can always delete the resonator OR your muffler if u want more noise ;]
lets see how they rumble next to my cut-out

but i too will say sti's make for very sexy sounds after market...

Old 10-02-2008, 02:52 PM

^^ agreed!

Old 10-02-2008, 02:59 PM

oh i heard that the reason sti's sound like that is because of the way the cylinders seat. they are like == while ours are like llll boxer motors in the sti. uneven exhaust something i forget what it is.

Old 10-02-2008, 03:04 PM
4th Gear

yes, the boxer motor offers a big difference...

if i can figure out how to post up sound... ill take a clip of my cut-out open, its a smooth solid rumble....

then ill take a sound clip of my step bros wrx with the cut-out open, youll hear a big difference... its an intermitten rumble because of the way the boxer motor is set up.

Old 10-02-2008, 04:54 PM
SoCal Crew Member

Originally Posted by bvgoosedd
oh i heard that the reason sti's sound like that is because of the way the cylinders seat. they are like == while ours are like llll boxer motors in the sti. uneven exhaust something i forget what it is.
hence why i said flat fours =P

and there's a snorkel in the passenger side fender you remove to make the rumble louder. and yes the boxer engine aka flat four + the headers are what makes that rumble sound.

Old 10-02-2008, 05:06 PM

thanks for making me feel like an ***

Quick Reply: Picking an Exhaust