Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Parallel port in hatch?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 11:22 AM
I'm make believe
Default RE: Parallel port in hatch?

so why is the port bythe tail light?

Old 05-25-2008, 06:47 PM
2nd Gear

Hmmmm.... I was wrong. Did a little checking in the ETKA. Appears to be related to the NAV option. The NAV unit mounts back there somehow, probably the plug for it.

Old 05-25-2008, 07:43 PM
5th Gear

I'd do a bit of looking in bentley, but the day my linux portable showed up, my winblows desktop took a dump. I think it was jeleousy.

that makes 3 of 4 activations useless. They told me when they gave me my third and forth, if I screw those up, i'm out of luck, I need to buy more registrations.

Old 05-25-2008, 08:20 PM
1st Gear

but the nav block/unit, where you insert CD's,is in front of that (middle of hatch), and this port is inside the compartment for tail light bulb replacement. as you can see, it is not plugged into anything, and my nav system works very well (off by about 50ft, but itis7 years old). my father doesn't have this, but he has nav as well. maybe they relocated it in '02 (his year model)?

also, i don't have hands-free (AFIK). can i tell by the fact i don't have the phone port on the center console?

indeed, this is peculiar.

Old 05-25-2008, 10:19 PM
SoCal Crew Member

ORIGINAL: achTTung

I'd do a bit of looking in bentley, but the day my linux portable showed up, my winblows desktop took a dump. I think it was jeleousy.

that makes 3 of 4 activations useless. They told me when they gave me my third and forth, if I screw those up, i'm out of luck, I need to buy more registrations.
Vista?

I was running vista ultimate for a little bit... aero was nice among the other features but GOD do they hog resources. eff it. if ur ever running the pirate XP Pro, i know the universal serial key by heart. haha lmk [&:]

Old 05-26-2008, 03:01 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: .clipse

if ur ever running the borrowed version of! XP Pro, i know the universal serial key by heart. haha lmk [&:]
Is it sad that my best friend does? [&:]

Old 05-26-2008, 10:06 AM
1st Gear

I have one of those ports in my 2000 FWD. Also in that same location is what looks to be a cable tv type connector, unused. Someone should know what these are!

Old 05-26-2008, 10:20 AM
2nd Gear

yes. I have also noticed these. Like P1800toTTsaid, I also have a unused round connector as well (looks like its for an antenna). I would guess the round one is for the rooftop antenna and the entire system is used for the car phone. This is in my 225q.

Old 05-26-2008, 11:16 AM
1st Gear

didnt u guys figure this out yet??? audi knew the cars were lemons, so they included an lpt printer port so u could hook up printers and print off vag-com fault codes. They knew you'd have so many codes, they also included a coaxial cable TV port so you could watch TV while waiting for tow trucks. Audi engineering - always 1 step ahead.

;-)

Old 05-26-2008, 02:27 PM

Interesting. I had assumed it would be a VAG cable (I've never seen a VAG-Com, and don't know where they plug) or something for smog techs to plug in to. Very neat to know that it's for a nav plugin.

Quick Reply: Parallel port in hatch?