Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Painted Valve cover and Charge pipe

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 10:51 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Painted Valve cover and Charge pipe

whoever removes the valve cover and doesnt replace the gasket should be[sm=chairshot.gif]

Old 10-09-2007, 11:14 PM
3rd Gear

cut it out it wasnt that much....lol just had a hella time with that damn cam adjuster seal/gasket....dont forget to replace that too PEOPLE very common leak area...i gotta check a few more places and hopefully my worst fear isnt coming true.(oil pan) i have stopped all the valve cover and cam adjuster leaks and gonna wait and see if she still leaks....*crosses fingers* anyone know how hard/easy it is to replace the oil pan sealant cuz i know they dont use gaskets which is very silly to me but whatever.

Old 10-09-2007, 11:22 PM
2nd Gear

That looks badazz! Did you sand or put anything on it before you sprayed?

Old 10-09-2007, 11:29 PM
3rd Gear

no sanding...but it will help remove any dirt and bumps you may have. just dont use anything higher than 600-800 as the paint wont stick. I just used the stuff you see in the pics(self etching paint and semi glossy black engine paint

Old 10-09-2007, 11:38 PM
I'm make believe

just keep in mind that paint doesnt stick to oil and dirt. The cleaner you get it, the better the results

Old 10-09-2007, 11:39 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: MeanAudiA6

cut it out it wasnt that much....lol just had a hella time with that damn cam adjuster seal/gasket....dont forget to replace that too PEOPLE very common leak area...i gotta check a few more places and hopefully my worst fear isnt coming true.(oil pan) i have stopped all the valve cover and cam adjuster leaks and gonna wait and see if she still leaks....*crosses fingers* anyone know how hard/easy it is to replace the oil pan sealant cuz i know they dont use gaskets which is very silly to me but whatever.
woah woah woah ... are you trying to tell me this a trouble prone spot on the 1.8Ts, cuz ill be on that biach faster than a crack head on a pipe (aside form the oil pan issue you are talkin about)

Old 10-09-2007, 11:48 PM
I'm make believe

My brothers cam gasket was bad and he lost about 1/8qt of oil a day. It all went down his tranny and the rest of everything under it. Car stuck because of the oil burning on the hot tranny and along the side of the engine

Old 10-09-2007, 11:50 PM
3rd Gear

YES its a very common place for oil to leak from...and use black gasket sealer(trust me on this one) and there is a trick to getting the cam adjuster seal and gasket out and in...very hard but dont give up. you remove the three T30 star screws and one inside the valve area. its on the actual cam adjuster bracket. be sure not to drop anything down there bad stuff can happen WARNING do not attemp this if you have a habit of dropping tools, nuts,bolts your engine head is exposed and a lot of your oil supply

Old 10-09-2007, 11:52 PM
2nd Gear

man .. you jsut had to make me paranoid now ... thanx guys[:@]

oh well im parking the TT soon anyways will just start working on it bit by bit during the winter... what else is there to do in the winter except beer and auto work

Old 10-09-2007, 11:59 PM
3rd Gear

^^^ snuggle by a warm fire with that special someone

Quick Reply: Painted Valve cover and Charge pipe