Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Painted calipers?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 08:16 PM
1st Gear
Default Painted calipers?

I know there are other threads on this, but has anyone painted the calipers on their TT? If so, what did you use and were you pleased with the outcome? Anyways, I was looking at the Duplicolor kit that comes with everything you need for about $30 or so. Anyone here used this?

I must confess, I do like the look of painted calipers although some people seem to consider it to be ricey. The TT brakes seem to have sufficient stopping power for the kind of driving I do, so no real need to go to a big brake kit.

So I'm curious, what do you all think? Stupid mod, or ok? I'll probably do it regardless, but was curious to hear some other opinions.

I already ordered the ring decals from here: http://www.xenonmods.com/

Old 03-01-2007, 08:20 PM
Default RE: Painted calipers?

I personally dont think its ricer at all it says you look after your car and dont like rust

Old 03-01-2007, 08:27 PM
I'm make believe

my wilwoods are black so im gonna match the rears to match the fronts. Some people spray and some brush. I rather spray just because that is what im more comfortable with.

Old 03-01-2007, 09:06 PM
1st Gear

I dont think its ricey at all. I have a blue b6 A4 and i painted my calipers silver. They dont jump out like bright red but they look very clean and finished. I painted them when i upgraded my rotors and put on the braided stainless lines so i alredy had the calipers off i figured i might as well paint them. I cleaned them extreamly well with a wire brush and then i painted them. They look really good. If i had big 6 or 8 piston calipers then i would want bright red so they stand out and look impressive. But with whatI have just the stock a4 calipersI just wanted them to look clean. And they look great behind my silver rimsand with the powerslots rotors.

Old 03-01-2007, 10:39 PM
1st Gear

I painted mine with a kit I bought at pepboys

Old 03-01-2007, 10:43 PM
3rd Gear

thettshop is where i bought my kit costs 60 shipped with the ring decals havnt got a chance to paint them yet...will be doing it this here in the spring... i went with the black paint and white decals should look very cool when i get done not ricey at all!

Old 03-02-2007, 07:01 AM
3rd Gear

No dont think that is considered a rice move by any means, thinking of doing it myself when I go with a BB kit.

Old 03-02-2007, 10:38 AM
1st Gear

No, not ricey. I don't think most or 'em really have enough patience or money after bolting on the huge wing and installing the fart can exhaust.

Old 03-02-2007, 08:48 PM
1st Gear

Is removing the calipers hard? any one have a guide?

Old 03-02-2007, 09:16 PM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: MasswholeTT

Is removing the calipers hard? any one have a guide?
2 17mm bolts and your done. you may need some penatrating lube or a socket with some leverage to break it loose the first time.

Quick Reply: Painted calipers?