Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

paint pricing

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 05:46 PM
2nd Gear
Default paint pricing

So a friend of mine told me he could probably hook me up with a good paintjob for the price of paint. Well I don't really have much of a clue what the price of paint is[sm=laughat.gif]

I just know for a little pot (maybe a quart?) of lake silver it was $100...but I had to get it custom mixed. I figure some regular color won't be as bad.

I was thinking of some bright yellow...my guess would be between $500-$1000. Anybody have an idea?

Old 08-23-2007, 05:48 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: paint pricing

your painting your TT yellow?

Old 08-23-2007, 05:59 PM
3rd Gear

I think a bill a quart is about standard unless you go into custom paint.

I think reds and silver cost a little more?

I'm no expert though.

Old 08-23-2007, 07:12 PM
2nd Gear

your painting your TT yellow?
Possibly, I'm very open to suggestions.I was thinking yellow...pretty much because I like the look of it and it's pretty rare on a TT and kinda unique. I'm not talking the dull Imola yellow I'm thinking more along the lines of what you'd see on a Lamborghini. Bright in your face yellow.

Thought about bright red...but
1. There's a stock bright red...Misano Red...came on ALMS's.
2. Red paint costs more.
3. It's more common on cars in general.
4. I don't like red+black interior, I'd much rather have it beige for a red car. If I could find some seats...

Feel free to give me suggestions. Not stock colors please...if I'm taking the effort to paint it I'm not going to paint it black/white/denim/amulet/avus/nogaro/aviator/nimbus.

Hell the MTM bimoto looks good in yellow:

Old 08-23-2007, 07:21 PM
I'm make believe

Yellow would be cool but painting a whole car is a long task and requires tons of work.

Jays TT painted his car. He should have some good input on the subject

Old 08-23-2007, 07:22 PM
1st Gear

If you go yellow you could do a nice pearl overtop of it. That would be hott!

Not sure what state your from but I could get you everything you need pretty much at a great price and good paint! Beware of what you buy because some stuff out there I wouldent paint on garbage cans.
It should take no more than 2 full quarts to do your entire car. 2 quarts makes 1 gallon sprayable because you reduce it 1:1 with Reducer (Urethane Thinner) Then use your clear coat. A nice gallon of clear will cost you about 140 bucks with the hardner. Dont go cheep or you will be redoing it in 3 years or less.

But Im just a painter so I wouldent know

Matrix Automotive Systems Paint is a 100% Copy of PPG Deltron 2000 DBC at a fraction of the cost. Total material costs dident cost me over $1000.00 for that paint job plus my labor. But Shhhhh dont tell anyone ooh damn .... Ooh well!

Candy Or Pearl Yellow Is my pick.

What state u in?

Jay

Old 08-23-2007, 07:24 PM
2nd Gear

Yellow would be cool but painting a whole car is a long task and requires tons of work.
I'm not doing it DIY, hell no...I've got connections to a shop where I can get it done. Probably won't do it for a while though I need to save up a little more $$$ before I can afford to blow it. I just wanna get a rough estimate of what it's going to run me.

Ah thanks Jay. I'm thinking more along the lines of a solid color to accent the TT's smooth lines, not sure if I wanna go with a pearl. I'm from PA btw.

Old 08-23-2007, 07:33 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: Murderface

I've got connections to a shop where I can get it done. Probably won't do it for a while though I need to save up a little more $$$ before I can afford to blow them.
I'd rather pay in cash myself...[sm=nothatway.gif]

Old 08-23-2007, 07:39 PM
4th Gear

do a two tone... i wanna black and white though

Old 08-23-2007, 07:44 PM
2nd Gear

I'd rather pay in cash myself...
lmfao [sm=icon_rofl.gif]man how one pronoun can change the meaning of a sentence...that's gotta be the funniest thing I've ever read on here.

do a two tone... i wanna black and white though
Ooh! forgot about that. Now I'm thinking what'd look good as a two tone job...can't deny the black and white is sexy on the VAG Motorsport TT with PPI but don't think it'd be quite as good on stock bodywork:

Quick Reply: paint pricing