Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

'operation: stop pissing coolant' complete!

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 03:41 PM
5th Gear
Default 'operation: stop pissing coolant' complete!

had a pretty small coolant leak a couple weeks ago, could just start to see the rock candy growing where it was dripping off the oil pan, the other day it turned into a 'add 1/2 gallon of water to make this 5 minute drive to the store' coolant leak. Had an appointment with the local dealer for a mount/balance, so i had them go ahead and do the dirty work of pinpointing the leak while they had it. Conclusion- oil cooler. Quick fix, ignore the fubar oil cooler. Bought 2 fittings and a foot of hose from the autoparts store, and an hour later, the cooler is bypassed, and no more leak until I get a new cooler, and a nice weekend to work on it.

on another note

While stuck at work still, I decided I wanted tobe as cool as those 'vette guys, and put the little black valance thing under the front of the car, just to see how it looks. Ive got the frame for it welded up, need to rivet my black rubber wall trim moulding to it, and install. Pics later if I can... anyone know how to set up a wireless network so a PC can go online thru a mac's internal router? no 'net at the new apartment until i get it figured out...

Old 03-22-2008, 05:57 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: 'operation: stop pissing coolant' complete!

valance? explain.

Old 03-22-2008, 06:18 PM
5th Gear

Explain?

Hmmm

I feel compelled to give up right hand turns, start drinking coors, and grow a mullet. That about explains it.

(pic coming soon)

Old 03-22-2008, 06:24 PM
5th Gear

I needa NASCAR sticker for it or something...

Old 03-22-2008, 08:20 PM
2nd Gear

Not to be rude, but I don't like it. It needs to either be shorter or go completely to the sides.

Old 03-23-2008, 02:27 PM
5th Gear

it was a screw around project to keep me busy while the waterjet ran, i happened to find a 4' section of wall trim, and ran with it. I know it looks goofy, I've busted on it more than anyone at this point. I'm gonna leave it on for a bit, just to see how durable it is, since it definately drags pulling out of the parkinglot at work, and if it can hold up, I'll buy a longer piece that wraps to the wheels.

So far, total cost = $0.00