Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

OK boys and girls, it's H2O week!

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 05:51 PM
5th Gear
Default OK boys and girls, it's H2O week!

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sadd...,28.564453&z=6

This would be our slightly planned route, possible slight deviations along the way, do you're best to meet on that route, or at least near it. Hanging out on the side of the interstate waiting for cars to meet is crazy, so pick an exit with a gas station or a rest stop somewhere, and we'll meet there. Just post where you'll be, so I/we can plan a stop. MAKE NOTE, I can't control traffic, or time. While I doubt I'll hit a spot early, theres a much better chance that we'll be late. I apologize ahead of time if this is the case. We made poor Ryan wait a long *** time last year, because we hit rush hour traffic, and half the group took the wrong exit at one point.

The stop around Wilmington DE is hopefully where I'll meet back up with most of the others from VT (maybe 4-5 cars?)

B28, 30 and 36 are the sites we have, Assateague NATIONAL park. Theres a state park right next to it, we got them confused last year.

It'll cost $7 to camp (money to my friend Jake, or to me, and I'll get it to him), and $15 to register your car with the campground for the weekend.

This IS camping, come prepared. You'll need a tent, or to coordinate with someone and share a tent. I like to sprawl out, Im not so into sharing tents, unless its full of hot naked ladies.
You'll also need a sleeping bag/blankets. It's been in the 80's some weekends there, its been overcast and windy and it felt like it was in the 50's because of that on other weekends we've been there. Generally shorts/tee shirts work, but bring long pants, it can get cool at night.
Bring bug spray. On the off chance that its not breezy, the black flies can be a bitch. Better to have it just in case.

BYOB, I don't promote underage drinking, but I don't go searching out runaway beer bottles from my stash...
I'll assume that everyone is over 21, got it? Everyone is over 21, and if/when a ranger asks, if you're not 21, you better not be talking to him with a beer in your hand.

BRING MONEY!! It sucks to have to say no when someone asks if you can spot a $10 for dinner, because they brought $15 to cover them for the whole weekend. Especially when I have a couple hundred in my pocket. I hate leaches. Especially money leaches.
The above situation happened last year, some guy came down with the Clarkson U. Sports Car club with literally $15, expected the club to carry his *** the entire time, and nobody would, which is right.
You don't need to carry a fat roll with you, but you DO need enough for lunches/dinners for friday night driving down, saturday for the BBQ (admission to show, you know, where the bbq is), beer, gocarts sat. night (I don't care what anyone says, I won, the race ends before the pits) also admission sunday if you want to go over early, but we're usually packing up and heading back out of town by mid-day, but if you want to make other plans (for those not driving 10+ hrs like me), feel free to break off and do your own thing.
Don't forget gas money...

Any questions, ask now.

Last edited by achTTung; 09-22-2008 at 06:04 PM.
Old 09-22-2008, 05:57 PM
5th Gear

Oh yeah, I'm leaving Burlington VT between 8:30-9am Friday, figure your meeting times around that. After we meet the other guys around Wilmington, we're trying to merge in with a cruise from Jersey.

My cell is six oh seven - three one six - eight two eight one. There will definitely be a bunch of cell chatter between cars for meet ups, and the occasional lost/broke down car over the course of the weekend, make sure your phone is charged and/or you have a car charger!

Last edited by achTTung; 09-22-2008 at 06:06 PM.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:11 PM
4th Gear

Good deal so pending upon traffic you'll be in Philly between 5-6 PM.
Where exactly is the meeting spoting off of 95? The exit most convenient for me would be for the Tacomy Bridge. However it's Philly... so there aren't any rest stops that I know of.

You'll have to let me know where everyone else is going to be.

What's the deal with camp fires? Yay/nay?
Should I bring my walkie talkies?

Old 09-22-2008, 06:14 PM
Banned

If only I was closer... agh.

Anyone wanna drive up from Florida with me? lol

Old 09-22-2008, 06:25 PM
5th Gear

a little less than 15 hrs? drive it you *****! I've driven much longer than that!

Old 09-22-2008, 06:26 PM
5th Gear

wait, no, i guessed from orlando, its only 13hrs!!! Easy....

Old 09-22-2008, 07:15 PM

who else on this board is going to this thing?

Old 09-22-2008, 07:31 PM

I will be there. I live in South Delaware and will be staying at my bro's house in O.C. no camping for me.

Old 09-22-2008, 08:09 PM
1st Gear

ill be there thurs-mon..condo @ seacrets

Old 09-22-2008, 09:26 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by achTTung
[url]BRING MONEY!! It sucks to have to say no when someone asks if you can spot a $10 for dinner, because they brought $15 to cover them for the whole weekend. Especially when I have a couple hundred in my pocket. I hate leaches. Especially money leaches.
The above situation happened last year, some guy came down with the Clarkson U. Sports Car club with literally $15, expected the club to carry his *** the entire time, and nobody would, which is right.
You don't need to carry a fat roll with you, but you DO need enough for lunches/dinners for friday night driving down, saturday for the BBQ (admission to show, you know, where the bbq is), beer, gocarts sat. night (I don't care what anyone says, I won, the race ends before the pits) also admission sunday if you want to go over early, but we're usually packing up and heading back out of town by mid-day, but if you want to make other plans (for those not driving 10+ hrs like me), feel free to break off and do your own thing.
Don't forget gas money...

Any questions, ask now.
[/LEFT]
I felt so bad for you with him in your car. Anyway if I can clear up my credit car this week I most likey will tag along. I was invited to the Dagball & Jagerrun & couldn't give an answer. I'm really unsure of it right now might even miss this years. Changing careers really ***** things up.

Quick Reply: OK boys and girls, it's H2O week!