Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

OFFICIAL TT CHAT THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 11:28 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: OFFICIAL TT CHAT THREAD

ORIGINAL: achTTung

was gonna do waterfest, but now I'm looking at a 20' sailboat. meet the guy at noon saturday.
you mean 20'? a 20" boat is just a little guy...

Old 07-18-2008, 08:17 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: OFFICIAL TT CHAT THREAD

^LOLZ. forum is still messing up "s with 's

I really wanna go to waterfest too, but my family from Belgium is over for a visit.
I thought about just leaving them and going, bit I guess there's always next year. [&:

Old 08-03-2008, 01:00 PM
4th Gear

I'm in a bit of a pickle...

I've had a new bank1 02 sensor rolling around my trunk for a few months now. I wanted to wait on the install, because if I'm going to drop the sub-frame I want a new downpipe. Yet if I get a DP from 42DD, then I'm pretty committed to the stock turbo. At least until I get my money out of it.

At the same time I need sway bar bushings. Well the problem with that is I've been eyeing the Hotchkis sway bars for quite some time now. Which would take care of the bushings.

Since at this point, financially I can only do one or the other. I'm not sure which to do...
DP and finally get my 02 sensor in, and deal with the stock turbo for awhile? Or get the sway bars; fix the squeak, and have my suspension completed...

Oh woe is me! What is a girl to do?

Last edited by ouTTie914; 08-03-2008 at 01:04 PM.
Old 08-03-2008, 01:33 PM

I'd do the squeak, swaybars, and suspension !!! stock turbo is plenty fun but if you do the power upgrade are you gonna be happy with the suspension ???

Last edited by GHETTOxWHITExBOY; 08-03-2008 at 01:34 PM. Reason: i type to fast
Old 08-03-2008, 01:43 PM
4th Gear

I upgraded my suspension/brakes about a year before getting flashed.
The only thing missing from my suspension is the sway bars.
I already have Koni Sports front and rear, Hotchkis springs, half KMAC, upgraded rotors, and ceramic pads...

Edit: UGH! Now you have me thinking about SS brake lines, and wheel spacers to go with the sway bars!

Old 08-03-2008, 01:56 PM
SoCal Crew Member

^ ya i kinda hate the squeek >_< mine are pretty bad atm. o well.

but really, if u get the sway bars i know eventually you're still going to want more power. us 180'ers dont have much goin for us. i know ive put off the DP for awhile, but it hit me. why get it? eventually down the line the TT isn't going to be my daily driver and soon be my fun project car.

then when that hits, www.pagparts.com here i come.

Old 08-03-2008, 02:14 PM
4th Gear

Yeah I hear ya clipse. The thing that gets me is once I feel a little more power; I know I'll start pricing turbos. For now I think I'm just going to go with the DP, and in a few months go for the sways. Who knows, maybe there will be a slightly used DP for sale in the near future. :-D

Old 08-03-2008, 02:27 PM
I'm make believe

Kineticmotorsports has a new manifold and "o2 pipe" (not really but thats what they are calling it). But anyways, this will give you a top mount manifold and then the o2 pipe will then connect to the stock/stock replacement dp on any ko3 car, even 180q's. The Total cost for both peices will however be only $100-150 cheaper than a man & dp combo.

BTW, the manifold will only fit T3 J31 housings, those are the T3 housing with the 2.5" 4 bolt outlets

Old 08-03-2008, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by ouTTie914
I upgraded my suspension/brakes about a year before getting flashed.
The only thing missing from my suspension is the sway bars.
I already have Koni Sports front and rear, Hotchkis springs, half KMAC, upgraded rotors, and ceramic pads...

Edit: UGH! Now you have me thinking about SS brake lines, and wheel spacers to go with the sway bars!
as far as swaybars go i love my neuspeed 19RSB, it was a great choice IMO.

now i had the same issue with squeaky front stock sway bushings, and rather than replace just the bushings i decided to just get a neuspeed 22FSB since the subframe and a lot of stuff in the front was coming off the car anyway to get replaced.

while i was able to get it in there for cheap, i don't know if i really like it. the car feels very stiff now. i mean, it handles like its on rails no doubt, but it seems a lot more stiff for some reason. maybe its all in my head? i dont know....

Old 08-03-2008, 05:18 PM

stiff as in less roll or stiff as in turning ??? Thats the only thing I hate about my TT is the understeering issue....

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL TT CHAT THREAD