Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

OFFICIAL TT CHAT THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 09:16 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: OFFICIAL TT CHAT THREAD

After all expenses ( shipping, taxes, etc ) any idea how much more you will make by shipping the car overseas?

Old 07-08-2008, 07:08 PM
1st Gear

So I added a tial 50mm BOV to my parts list today and 1552 should start on my car tommorow so I should have some pictures soon

Old 07-08-2008, 09:50 PM
SoCal Crew Member

^ ur car's gonna be nuts.

P.S. - wha happened to CINCY?!

Old 07-08-2008, 09:53 PM
1st Gear

Guessing he is settling in after his move?

Old 07-08-2008, 09:59 PM

UPDATE:
well after almost 4 weeks i FINALLY got my car back tonite!! man it feels so good to be behind the wheel of the TT again and back on track!! take a break from your TT and you will see what i mean, its like falling in love all over again...

so the damages were rough, around 3200 with everything done, but luckily insurance paid for a good portion of it...

so i got my windshield replaced that had a HUGE crack, i got my bumper crack fixed and the full bumper was resprayed, so ALL of my rock chips from 7 years on the road are now gone!! it looks brand new again, except for a few minor ones on the hood that they didnt paint. underneath i had both front control arm bushings, sway bar links, trans mount dogbone, temp sensor, CV boots and wheel bearings and hubs replaced. i also got a new subframe. while it was there i got them to do a full tuneup with new plugs, haldex flush, 02 sensor, toil, etc. i also got them to throw on the neuspeed 22 front sway and my rear KMAC kit which have been in my trunk for three months already.

getting back on the road, everything feels tight and lovely, and she looks better than ever!!

only thing is that the 22 fsb makes the steering feel a little harder, im not sure i like it but ive only had it on the road the last two hours... gotta sleep on that one a bit i guess....

so now my car is finally as close to perfect as its gonna get. the only other things i need to make it mint are new drivers door sensor and the hazard relay. guess i will tackle those after i get a new apartment and some furniture... priorities man!!

Old 07-08-2008, 10:53 PM
1st Gear

well, here, if I wanna sell it, I would get even after spending thousands on my car, probably 12-12500 $ due to high milage 97K and year 01.
I'll spent aproximatelly 3300$ for shipping and fees.
do the math
btw I bought it 2.5 years ago for 17500K

Old 07-09-2008, 01:29 AM
SoCal Crew Member

^ we're in the same boat my friend.

mine's at 72,xxx miles and have spent well thousands (how many sets of rims have i gotten...? lol) on mods. got mine in oct. 06' for $16k.

ill be lucky if i get $14k.

Old 07-09-2008, 10:21 PM
1st Gear

So I was thinking today would it be possible to run an air compressor with its own electric engine and use it for forced induction I did a couple searches and didnt find anyone who has tried it but I couldnt think of a reason why it wouldnt work.

Thoughts?

Old 07-09-2008, 10:36 PM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: .clipse

^ ur car's gonna be nuts.

P.S. - wha happened to CINCY?!
did you miss me or something? I have been working basically all day on the new house, making trips 100's of trips to lowes for parts, and many other things. I really dont have a reliable source for internet and the new place still doesnt have cable or internet. Also we have this nice house with tons of work into it already and it is very bare. We mainly only have a bed and kitchen table as of now since we are still waiting on new stuff to be delivered. So yes, i have been tired as hell and still have many things left to do on my "honey-do" list.

Old 07-09-2008, 10:57 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: cincyTT

did you miss me or something? I have been working basically all day on the new house, making trips 100's of trips to lowes for parts, and many other things. I really dont have a reliable source for internet and the new place still doesnt have cable or internet. Also we have this nice house with tons of work into it already and it is very bare. We mainly only have a bed and kitchen table as of now since we are still waiting on new stuff to be delivered. So yes, i have been tired as hell and still have many things left to do on my "honey-do" list.
Thats not saying much even when you creatively pack a TT I mean just look you only have a bed and table to show for all those trips

J/k of course

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL TT CHAT THREAD