Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

OFFICIAL TT CHAT THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 12:26 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: OFFICIAL TT CHAT THREAD

ORIGINAL: Wintermute

"30-33mpg highway" HAHAHA!
I get thirty, and I am chipped, 3" DP, BMC CAI, Dahlback DV, FMIC, and MBC cranked to 24psi... Anyway that car is a steal at that price. I paid 13k for mine and since done the above mods plus a bunch for looks and timing belt change with 69k on the clock...Do it dude.

Old 07-03-2008, 12:38 AM
2nd Gear

well heres the part that sucks.
He called me today, i gave him my number in my e-mail. The guy is super nice... the bad part is he has 2 people looking at it on Saturday... Im pretty bummed out because i cant get down there until the 8th lol. I told him unless he doesnt mind me showing up around midnight i couldnt be there until then lol. I dont know what to do. I asked him if he had paypal so i could put down a deposit and he said no. He is selling the car for his son. Long story short he co-signed a loan for his kid and his kid stopped making his payments... bad news... So he took the car and is now selling it for what his kid owes. He knew nothing about the TB service so im guessing it has not been changed. Assuming the car is in good shape i would pay the asking price. He is going to call me tm and let me know whats up. He is going to call the 2 people that are supposed to look at it and yeah. I told him i had the money and could buy it ON the 8th

i just cant get a break

Old 07-03-2008, 12:44 AM
2nd Gear

but look that the one pic of it from the side. Am i the only one that thinks its overly lowered? haha its actually inside of the ground its so low... the rear seems to sit quite a bit lower than the front too.

Old 07-03-2008, 01:26 AM
1st Gear

I dont think its TOO low...I personally think it has a good stance(maybe bring the front down to match the back). He most likely has coils and took the pearches out in the back. You may have stumbled onto something that has a lot more mods than you know of (chip, upgraded DV, CAI) if he has exhaust and coils he most likely did other basic bolt ons too.

Old 07-03-2008, 01:49 AM
SoCal Crew Member

where's cincy o_O?

Old 07-03-2008, 02:04 AM
3rd Gear

He's got a lot going on with that moving thing I bet.

Old 07-03-2008, 08:34 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: myslow1

He called me today, i gave him my number in my e-mail. The guy is super nice... the bad part is he has 2 people looking at it on Saturday... Im pretty bummed out because i cant get down there until the 8th lol. I told him unless he doesnt mind me showing up around midnight i couldnt be there until then lol. I dont know what to do. I asked him if he had paypal so i could put down a deposit and he said no. He is selling the car for his son. Long story short he co-signed a loan for his kid and his kid stopped making his payments... bad news... So he took the car and is now selling it for what his kid owes. He knew nothing about the TB service so im guessing it has not been changed. Assuming the car is in good shape i would pay the asking price. He is going to call me tm and let me know whats up. He is going to call the 2 people that are supposed to look at it and yeah. I told him i had the money and could buy it ON the 8th

i just cant get a break
Depending on how badly you want it, tell him you'll pay in cash.

Old 07-03-2008, 11:04 AM

ORIGINAL: Wintermute

ORIGINAL: myslow1

i just cant get a break
Depending on how badly you want it, tell him you'll pay in cash.
X2 cash in hand is king. most people cant roll that way, and if he sees all the money in his face he may jump on it....

Old 07-03-2008, 02:38 PM
2nd Gear

i offered to pay a deposit and pay cash for the rest of the car on the 8th....
He said he didnt want to lock out other buyers that contacted him before i did, which i can understand..... damn... lol! Oh well, he still hasnt called me today and he said he would. So i will call him in a couple of hours when i get off work.

Old 07-03-2008, 02:44 PM
2nd Gear

i wonder if it has the full coilovers though.
if he had springs would it get that low? I really dont want springs, i talked to the dad and he said he had no clue... So i will have to talk to the kid i guess. If it has just springs the struts are prob blown and thats why it sits that low. That would be cool if it already had more goodies and at the same time it wouldnt. Buying a car with "full suspension" and exhaust bothers me. When i buy a car i like it to be stock so i know what is on it and how it was installed. Im really really **** about that stuff, and if something that been cheaply done i wont know about it buying an already modded car....

if that makes ANY sense at all lol

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL TT CHAT THREAD