Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

OFFICIAL TT CHAT THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 10:03 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: OFFICIAL TT CHAT THREAD

ORIGINAL: themysteryman83
Failed during reimaging? Can't find files while trying to reimage? I'm going to say bad hard drive. See if there's some kind of recovery console you can get into with a command prompt. If so, type "chkdsk c: /r" hit enterand also "chkdsk d: /r"without the quotesand wait. This will look for bad sectors and replaceIf you can find an xp disc you could do this too by going into recovery console through windows setup. This might work, but if it's what you describe it might just need a new hdd.
If I start with a clean/new hard drive, System Recovery should load existing files, correct?

Old 06-27-2008, 09:45 AM
3rd Gear

This forum is weak... Only 1 post today guys?

I know the site being screwed up contibuted in the last few weeks, but i've been having pretty good luck posting lately (Thank you)

Where Is Everyone?????

Old 06-27-2008, 11:54 AM

im here, sorta. just busy with work....

im going to call KMD today and see if i can get my car back- its been almost two weeks in the cobalt and im dying for my car!!!

Old 06-27-2008, 07:01 PM

I'm here! NOT busy at work. Just got back from a 4 day trip to Boston. Saw a few TT's on Newbury St. In particular a red one with the plate that said something like JNZBLL or something to that effect on Newbury St, yesterday afternoon. Also a ton of BMW's. And so many Merc's I wanted to puke.

Old 06-27-2008, 07:16 PM
2nd Gear

im here! bein lazy... I had 3 days off and hated every flippin minute of it. I cant stand not working.... It rained so i cant go play golf or do anything so i just sit. I would much rather make money than sit on my couch haha.

so whats goin on?

Old 06-27-2008, 07:39 PM

what up dudes! just thought i would pop over to complain about the cobalt some more. what a cheap POS, this thing doesnt have ABS!! learned that the hard way today on the turnpike. i was going only like 30mph when a truck cuts into the lane and everyone has to brake. i hit the brakes and the wheels totally lock and i go sliding forward about 20 feet and almost crash into the dude in front of me... luckily i was able to pump the brakes at the last second and when the tires finally gripped back onto the road it made the whole car jolt into the right-hand lane. and im VERY lucky no one was in that lane. black smoke everywhere and adrenaline for days. I HATE THIS CAR =\

Old 06-27-2008, 07:50 PM

Ok since I'm talking about work here's a bit of my night:

Me to Customer: Okay ma'am this charger is $31.49, and comes with a one-year warranty so you can come get a new one if it ever breaks.
Customer: Hmm that's more than I paid for my last one. I paid $15 for my last one (not at my store).
Me: Oh ok, well where is that one now?
Customer: It crapped out on me.
Me: Okay, so if you buy this one and that happens then you can just bring it back and we'll get you a new one.
Customer: Hmm I don't know that's more than I wanted to spend on it.

You guys see where I'm going with this one right.

Customer to co-worker: Which way is Kay Bee Toy Store?
Co-worker: I'm not sure but there is a directory right there (points not 10 feet away where the direcotory is outside of our store)
Customer: You don't have to be rude about it!
Co-worker: Well I don't know where it is and there's a directory right there (at this point a security guard walks by.
So now the woman can either go look at the directory or ask the mall employee)
Customer (Walking out of the store): You know what, you don't have to be rude...(incoherent rambling) I'm gonna kick your ***..(starts to walk back into store)
Me: Ma'am GET OUT! Don't come back in here!

Old 06-27-2008, 07:55 PM
2nd Gear

where do you work?

Im in sales and people just annoy me. There are way to many dumb ones lol

Old 06-27-2008, 08:09 PM

im in sales (sorta) as well. but i deal in very high-priced goods, and trust me you have to have a LOT of patience to deal with the people i deal with sometimes. so i completely sympathize brother.....

Old 06-27-2008, 08:13 PM

I'm a Small Business Account manager for Verizon Indirect, but I also work in the retail stores like half the time. That's when I get the good customers. Lol. Sometimes I hate it, but I get the best stories to tell my friends.

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL TT CHAT THREAD