Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

O2 singal wire on ECU/gauge pod on A-Pillar

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 11:19 PM
1st Gear
Default O2 singal wire on ECU/gauge pod on A-Pillar

Well I got an Air/Fuel gauge. I posted about something similar a couple days ago and some people helped me out. I guess I should have bought an EGT gauge but I already had the Air/Fuel on order. What wire do you tap into on the ECU? Or do most people tap directly into the O2 wires from the sensor? What is the signal wire I need?

Also I am trying to figure out where I want my pods for boost and A/F, I am putting other gauges in the heater vents so those are out as an option. Is there a curtain airbag on the TT that would prevent be from putting pods on the A-pillar? I see other people put Supra pods on their cars but I just wanted to make sure...I dont want a gauge in the face [:@]

Thanks guys

Old 12-08-2006, 11:33 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: O2 singal wire on ECU/gauge pod on A-Pillar

the supra gauge will work but i convinced my buddy with a supra to not do it and do the vents instead but if you need the room then i guess you have no other choice unless you gowith the ttstuff.com mantis gauge pod thing i think it runs 200 bucks but DONT TOUCH THE ECU HARNESS. the supra owners use an extra wiring harness that they plug into the stock harness so if they mess up the extra harness then they dont have to worry about screwing up their ecu etc also i heard to run a A/F in the tt (audi) its a son of a bitch just do an EGT and probe the manifold.

Old 12-09-2006, 12:24 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: ravenTT

Well I got an Air/Fuel gauge. I posted about something similar a couple days ago and some people helped me out. I guess I should have bought an EGT gauge but I already had the Air/Fuel on order. What wire do you tap into on the ECU? Or do most people tap directly into the O2 wires from the sensor? What is the signal wire I need?

Also I am trying to figure out where I want my pods for boost and A/F, I am putting other gauges in the heater vents so those are out as an option. Is there a curtain airbag on the TT that would prevent be from putting pods on the A-pillar? I see other people put Supra pods on their cars but I just wanted to make sure...I dont want a gauge in the face [:@]

Thanks guys

Don't touch the ECU!!!!!!!!!!... Just tap into the black wire under the car coming off the front O2 sensor. You'll have to careful split the protective cover on the cable to expose the wires.

Old 12-09-2006, 12:25 AM
1st Gear

I dont think you can tap the signal right off the o2 sensor. Most cars use a shielded wire for at least the first couple feet. You need to find a wiring diagram for the engine harness and figure out what color the wire is after the first couple of connectors. If you use a piggyback connector it shouldnt be an issue to tap right off the ECU if you know what pin the signal is coming off of.

Like Meanaudi said I wouldnt recommend cutting and splicing the harnes, but a piggyback connector only slices the insulation without cutting the wire. If you can sell the A/F gauge and get an EGT, thats a much better option. Otherwise you'll just get a knight rider effect of dancing lights in your car.

Unless you have an adjustable FPR and Fuel pressure gauge (or pushing stock boost limits or spraying nitrous) they are both useless displays, basically a redundant dummy light if something is wrong. Whatever you decide though, best of luck.