Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Noob question on pedal placement

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 01:16 AM
4th Gear
Default RE: Noob question on pedal placement

You don't need glue... If you look inside the cover there is a X, and it just fits right back in place.

Old 03-21-2007, 01:19 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: cincyTT

the car cuts off the fuel when your on the brakes so thus, no heel-toe shifting. But i did hear there is a way to turb that off by pressing both for a few seconds. Not sure though.

and by the way, I KNOW HOW TO HEEL-TOE
One of the other benefits of having a worthless CHIP. [8D]

Old 03-21-2007, 01:38 AM
I'm make believe

When have i ever said a chip was worthless? You must be lossing your memory in your old age! Like i said 40 some times already i did not want to spend money on a chip that would need to be replaced. As soon as i get the extra funds for new 28r or rs (to replace one with a blown oil seal) ill put my bt setup back on. So stop being a tool and spreading bad info. Just add a few more decals to your car and call it a day.

Old 03-21-2007, 01:48 AM
2nd Gear

Geez... lighten up a little or maybe you need to lay off the 'roids a little. I was just messin with you.

Old 03-21-2007, 01:50 AM
I'm make believe

Then do you know it that works? Holding down the brake and the gas together? Im getting sick of not being able to do it.

and if you saw me, im far from using roids.

Old 03-21-2007, 01:54 AM
2nd Gear

You've got a 2000 right? I've never noticed that there is any cut off.. I can keep the brake on and rev the engine without any hesitation. But I can't say for sure that the stock 2000 doesn't do it. I had mine chipped almost immediately after getting it. When I get home this weekend I'll set the APR back to stock mode and try it out.

Old 03-21-2007, 08:32 PM
1st Gear

Appreciate the feedback. I'm farmilliar with the rolling the foot technique. I have to do the same thing in my current car. I think it was more the particular car I test drove. You couldn't touch the brake pedal without the brakes grabbing _hard_. Typically I can at least have some pressure on the break pedal and roll my foot to blip the throttle. I think I need to try another vehicle. The particular car was in decent shape inside, but there was some chips where the rear bumper cover met the sheetmetal at the wheelwells on both sides. I was suspicious of a rear end incident,the clutch slipped a little on a 5th-6th shift for me twice, and the lot couldn't tell me if the timing belt/water pump had been serviced and the car was in the 60k range which seems to be the consensus on here as to when it needs to be done, so I passed. Any other input is welcome of course. I'm not 100% locked on a TT, but its out front in the price range I'm hunting in ATM.

Brad

Old 03-21-2007, 08:41 PM
1st Gear

Whenever anyone mentions pedal placement and Audi together all I can ever think of is the sham story by 60 Minutes that nearly bankrupted the company. On the current topic though you're pedals look great.

Old 03-21-2007, 09:01 PM
3rd Gear

what sham story?

Old 03-21-2007, 09:43 PM
1st Gear

I have a 2003... and I can hold the brake and press the gas at the same time (revs)

I'm reading conflicting stories here - cincy says you can't do it... XCLR8 says you can (with a chip). Where is the proof that this can't be done w/o a chip? I purcahsed mine used and wondered if the previous owner chipped it. []

Quick Reply: Noob question on pedal placement