Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Noob question on pedal placement

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 12:38 AM
1st Gear
Default Noob question on pedal placement

Hi there all, I'm considering an 01-02 Quattro coupe with the 6sp. I’m a current owner of a BMW Z3 that needs a little more storage/trunk space. I have a question about pedal placement. The particular car I just test drove seemed as if the travel on the brake pedal was very short before the brakes started to grab, and the gas pedalseemed much further toward the firewall than I'm used towhich made heel/toeing rather difficult for my size 12 feet and long legs. Is this the way these cars are, or did I happen to drive one that is in need of brake work that was causing my issue? Is it possible to adjust the pedal height to make up for some of the pedal height difference? I did spot the thread about the aftermarket pedal covers, and that might be an easy $70 fix. On the wholeIwas plesantly surprised that the car was goodon leg room and with the gas pedal placement I had to pull the seat forward which I was shocked at.

FWIW, the car was very peppy, and felt silly stable with the quattro system so I was pleasantly surprised since it was only the second Audi I'd ever driven. I think its a matter of finding the right car for me.

Thanks for any advice in advance.

Brad

Old 03-21-2007, 12:41 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Noob question on pedal placement

I added a set of AWE-Tuning pedals to mine. It helps some. Due to the way the pedals are setup you really have to more roll your foot onto the gas rather than a true heel-toe. It takes a little getting used to, but it works well for me.

Old 03-21-2007, 12:45 AM
2nd Gear

XCLR8TT, What happened to your steering column?

Old 03-21-2007, 12:49 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: neur0tic

XCLR8TT, What happened to your steering column?
That was just the remnants from the EuroDash install. Mostly just light scratches... after cleaning they mostly disappeared.

Old 03-21-2007, 12:52 AM
I'm make believe

you cant heel-toe the car anyways so that sucks!!! [sm=lame.gif]

Old 03-21-2007, 12:55 AM
2nd Gear

Ball of foot on brake... roll your foot onto the gas. No problems even at track speeds and under heavy or light braking. It's all a matter of practice... having a size 11 foot doesn't hurt either.

Old 03-21-2007, 12:57 AM
2nd Gear

EuroDash install? What are the differences? I see you have a little compartment where I have a fuse box and a little decal on your steering wheel.

Oh yea... and you have the release button still on your E-Brake. haha
I pulled the E-brake up on mine after parking one day and the release button launched across the car. That was scary.
Btw... Anyone know where I can get one of those?

***Edit***

*The E-Brake button... not the EuroDash*
Just the button cover came off... Maybe I pulled too hard. -shrugs-

Old 03-21-2007, 12:57 AM
I'm make believe

the car cuts off the fuel when your on the brakes so thus, no heel-toe shifting. But i did hear there is a way to turb that off by pressing both for a few seconds. Not sure though.

and by the way, I KNOW HOW TO HEEL-TOE

Old 03-21-2007, 01:06 AM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: neur0tic
I pulled the E-brake up on mine after parking one day and the release button launched across the car. That was scary.
Btw... Anyone know where I can get one of those?
AHA! So it's not just me! A few of these fellas thought I lost my mind when I told them that!
Luckily I have cat-like reflexes and was able to catch mine... You might have to go to the dealer for it.

Old 03-21-2007, 01:09 AM
2nd Gear

Well I have the button cover... it hit me in the face. (not very cat-like)
I wonder if I can just glue it back on to the button.

Quick Reply: Noob question on pedal placement