Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

New Turbo kit plz.. help!

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 01:54 AM
1st Gear
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by cincyTT
the turbo you have is a rotomaster. Plus it would be cheaper the just have a 3" dp made instead of shelling out $300 for the o2 pipe and another $400 for a 180q dp.
Thats right, but people should keep in mind the 02 pipe integrates a recirculated TiAL external wastegate, so if you don't want to sound like a jet engine when you hit boost, or police are a pain in your locale, then this is a good option. The 02 pipe is much more complex than making a downpipe, and then making a dump tube. If you just dump the wastegate discharge with no pipe or flange on it, there are issues with scavenging, its definately not optimal.

Add up the bends, flanges, and welds and its not half bad considering ATP charges 395 for their downpipe and you still have to build a dump tube for their wastegate, and not to mention they charge you another 69$ to get the wastegate adapater, because the wastegate isn't designed to bolt to the manifold directly:

http://www.atpturbo.com/Merchant2/me...Code=AUDIVW-DP

FYI their kits are designed to have the downpipe goto the passenger side, so if you run any ATP mani with an external gate you'll require this.

395 Downpipe + 69 adapter + 50 dump tube + running no cat + more pains = often times not worth the pain in the but.

lol, ok i'm done now, CincyTT is the man though

Old 09-30-2008, 02:26 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Rippinralf
The kit will bolt up to a TT225HP except for the 02 pipe
I think you should point out to people with 225 TT's that they could always buy your kit and a 180 TT quattro downpipe and it will mat up just fine. I remember when I was researching parts and the o2 pipe was just released I really wanted it because it was so easy. Then I realized it wouldnt work with my 225 dp...what I didn't realize at the time was I coulda sold my DP and bought a 180 TT quattro dp and the kit woulda worked. If you could work out a deal with 42dd for their 3" dp to make a special kit just for 225's that maybe key as people are gonna need new dp's when going BT anyway and us 1.8t quattro guys dont have the option of the $100 ebay pipes.

Either way I recommend Kinetics for all your turbo needs. I am happy with mine and the service I got along with it. Good products, good price. Keep it up Clay.

Old 10-02-2008, 02:20 AM
1st Gear

Thanks bro, can you send me some pics:

clay@ctsturbo.com

Old 10-02-2008, 03:09 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Rippinralf
Thanks bro, can you send me some pics:

clay@ctsturbo.com
Will do as soon as it's up and running...Got burned buy a guy on Vortex for the rods I ordered so that put me back a month and a half or so...hopefully within the next few weeks. I plan on making a video of the dyno when I get her broken in properly.