Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

New headunit installed + pics!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 09:12 PM
cmh
Default RE: New headunit installed + pics!!!

Dynamat and other sound deadening materials are beneficial if installed correctly and in abundance, imho it is not worth it if you are just going to stick bits and pieces here and there. I have used it in limited amounts in door panels and speaker locations as well as stripping an interior and covering everything- in the second case it made a huge difference in the way the car audio sounded both from inside and out, no rattles or buzz and an improvement in clarity/sound quality to the ear.

Old 10-19-2007, 11:46 PM
1st Gear

Yeah that's what I was thinking about loss of SQ. I have a clarion unit right now which sounds okay, but I think I'll replace it with an in-dash that reads DVDs (sans screen) and run it to the aux video port on the screen. Now that I'm thinking about it, I just scrap the idea, but it looks so friggin sweet though. The GPS/bluetooth, and WiFi browsing, okay and Vag Com on the fly all had me sold.

Old 10-20-2007, 01:21 AM
2nd Gear

You could do a carputer with an upgraded sound card easily. You can pickup decent sound cards for $100-200 that would rival high end head units. Even external usb audiois an option these days.

Old 10-20-2007, 01:22 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Indiepunk

Thats it!!!!! Metra 70-1787 . I was Googling and found this in England AUTOLEADS-PC9-408.I was told that you have to do the speakers through the RCA outs and that the partwasn't made by a major company. Thanks. Buying it asap.
You're welcome

Old 10-20-2007, 02:40 AM
1st Gear

Oh I'll try it, I'm a pc tech at the local circuit-shtty, sound cards are simple. I'll just pick up and External Audigy 2 or something for pretty cheap. I just don't want to risk paying for quality that won't be there. Maybe a high end sound card would work, but I'll do more research on the subject.

Old 10-20-2007, 04:18 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: themysteryman83

You could do a carputer with an upgraded sound card easily. You can pickup decent sound cards for $100-200 that would rival high end head units. Even external usb audiois an option these days.
Actually, the wouldn't rival it at all. the sound card would provide an output, but you will not find anything to integrate any type of phase changing, crossovers (6 slope or greater), 31 channel graphic EQ, time adjustment, etc

these are the type of functions that mid-highend head units provide that a computer cannot. Sure you could integrate some type of application on the computer... but a hard-coded computer dedicated to only sound (ie; a head unit) will always ultimately sound exponentially better than any multifunction computer system with sound manipulating capabilities.

For a detailed debate on the functionailty of carputers for audio reproduction and the reasons they wont work... read here