Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

new HDR pictures of my TT

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 12:20 AM

you dont know how long ive been thinking of doing some hdrs and posting them, i just havent had the time!!! looks good though man, im jealous you beat me to it.

Old 10-05-2008, 12:26 AM
SoCal Crew Member

Originally Posted by JusTTin626
replied

Old 10-05-2008, 11:52 AM
1st Gear

nope my buddy cliff took those photos, but call me for the next meet!

and if you dont mind me asking, did you paint your headlight walls by yourself? i wanted to make mines black instead of the dull silver.
That's cool because I did take those HDRs in that same location.. and yes had a mod day for the headlight repaint/reflector delete.

Old 10-05-2008, 12:43 PM
1st Gear

would you mind shedding some "headlight repaint/reflector delete mod" light over my way? jw how long it took and everything, tools, or did you find a DIY around here?

Old 10-05-2008, 09:14 PM
1st Gear

would you mind shedding some "headlight repaint/reflector delete mod" light over my way? jw how long it took and everything, tools, or did you find a DIY around here?
Well it's an involving process esp. if you are a newbie to dissecting the car apart. It requires a good portion of the day (especially daylight hours if you are to attempt this on your own).. I did it with around 4 other TT's at this guy's house. He had all the tools and stuff, and we just made a pizza and beer party out of it. It was awesome. Anyways, you need jacks and jackstands and wrenches and screwdrivers and torxdrivers to get the front wheels off, the front fender liner off, the front bumper off, each headlight off, bake each headlight do that you can separate the glass from the housing, then proceed to remove the reflector, bondo the holes, wet sand, prime, spray the housing the color of your choice (5+ coats), clearcoat, then reverse...

It was fun doing it but man I would definitely think twice about doing it over again. Best done if you have the tools and then time, and the friends to do it with you. The end result is worth it. The reflectors are terrible and definitely detract from the overall look of the car. I added the smoked corners as well. I would recommend this whole headlight mod deal, but just make sure you know that it's not that simple.

Old 10-05-2008, 10:42 PM
1st Gear

HOLY **** tahts overwhelming.

Old 10-29-2008, 11:21 AM
1st Gear

what mods should i do on my car??

i'm getting springs soon, cuz i cant afford coils... jw how much does it cost? and thinking about getting a cut out valve.

mines auto... so i wouldnt get much performance mods.

Old 10-29-2008, 12:40 PM
SoCal Crew Member

^ pretty much any N/A mod = I/E/H.

Old 10-29-2008, 05:33 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by achTTung
You need a special camera to take HDR pics, or is it all in the editing afterwards? Those look sick!

WANT!
As mentioned you need a decent DSLR (Digital Single Lens Reflex) camera. The most important thing isnt that you're able to output the images in RAW format. Ive worked with JPGs just fine. The most important thing about the camera is that you have to be able to adjust the aperture speed (f/x).

For instance if you're shooting a normal shot and your camera automatically sets the f/x (f/stop) to f/5. You will take that shot, then adjust +/- 1-3 stops to get an under-exposed and over-exposed shot.

An example would be 3 shots at the following f/x.

Normal exposure - f/5
Over-Exposed - f/3
Under-Exposed - f/7

Then use either Adobe Lightbox, or Photomatrix (Adobe Photoshop plugin) to combine the 3 images. Or you can use Adobe Photoshop to manually combine and adjust settings. You can even throw in some filters, burn and dodge, etc to get some more creative effects.

The camera I use is a Nikon D80. Great DSLR that doesnt cost a ton of money. Nikon and Canon are both great brands. I get 10 megapixels with mine which allows for some really great quality shots.

If you want a great camera that will with one shot take 3 shots at different aperture settings, you can look into the Hasselblad line of cameras. Their newest H3DII-50 has 50 megapixels, the catch though is that it costs $39,999.

So anyway, as long as you have a decent DSLR and a program to merge the shots and adjust the values and settings to suit your taste thats all you need for great HDR shots. Also, its not always a good idea to layer a ton of filters and effects. It looks over-processed and well not good.

Old 10-30-2008, 02:56 PM
1st Gear

what mods should i do on my car??

i'm getting springs soon, cuz i cant afford coils... jw how much does it cost? and thinking about getting a cut out valve.

mines auto... so i wouldnt get much performance mods.
H&R springs and Bilsteins shocks is what I have. Don't upgrade springs without doing shocks, you will waste your money even though you think you are saving it. Those stock shocks suck, and will suck more after you lower it.

Don't get a cutout valve, that's retarded..

Quick Reply: new HDR pictures of my TT