Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

new guy 2000 audi tt questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 09:54 PM
Default new guy 2000 audi tt questions

So me and my wife were looking for a second car she can drive for her new job 46 miles a day. came across a 2000 Audi tt with 78K miles on it. Are they pretty reliable, what kind of gas millage could we expect, and what do yall think its worth?

Im going to look at it in person tommorow what are some things i should look for? Ive always been a ford guy but this thing looks cool and some things ive read said they get around 28 mpg. btw there isnt any audi dealers in my area so i dont know if that something i should consider.

Sorry for all the questions and thanks for your help in advance.

it doesnt look like the pics are loading heres the link http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...pe=b&make=AUDI

Old 09-14-2010, 01:46 AM
1st Gear

good luck getting any advice from this group. i asked some simple question any tt owner would be able to answer,however these guys only know what color is pretty and what kind of rims they should put on there cars.

Old 09-14-2010, 09:56 AM
1st Gear

Hey! Bigbudha
Not true, Research is key before asking simple questions about a car!
The one he is looking at, was this TT modified at all? another words upgrades to the engine? Those are not stock wheels? what are they? get a warranty!
When was the Timing belt done? Get the document too prove it?
If it blows your screwed!. Gas milage about 30mpg.
This particular one looks like the 180hp not the 225hp.
I see no picks of the engine bay so I'm not sure.
If the throttle body is on the drivers side then its a 225hp, more power less GM!
If the throttle body is on the passenger side its a 182hp less power and better GM!
Reliable yes, sometimes expensive to repair! Parts are interchangable with VW which saves on $$ but you would need to know the part #'s etc.,
I repair my own so I save Big$$.
Hard to say if the car is in good shape just by the looks.
An Audi is not cheap to repair at the dealer or with an Audi/VW mechanic.
Good luck!
Hope this helped

Old 09-14-2010, 10:14 AM
I'm make believe

Originally Posted by bigbudha
good luck getting any advice from this group. i asked some simple question any tt owner would be able to answer,however these guys only know what color is pretty and what kind of rims they should put on there cars.
most of us true enthusiast have moved forums

Old 09-15-2010, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by coachvtt
Hey! Bigbudha
Not true, Research is key before asking simple questions about a car!
The one he is looking at, was this TT modified at all? another words upgrades to the engine? Those are not stock wheels? what are they? get a warranty!
When was the Timing belt done? Get the document too prove it?
If it blows your screwed!. Gas milage about 30mpg.
This particular one looks like the 180hp not the 225hp.
I see no picks of the engine bay so I'm not sure.
If the throttle body is on the drivers side then its a 225hp, more power less GM!
If the throttle body is on the passenger side its a 182hp less power and better GM!
Reliable yes, sometimes expensive to repair! Parts are interchangable with VW which saves on $$ but you would need to know the part #'s etc.,
I repair my own so I save Big$$.
Hard to say if the car is in good shape just by the looks.
An Audi is not cheap to repair at the dealer or with an Audi/VW mechanic.
Good luck!
Hope this helped
I did research and all i ever found was **** about the timing belt all i wanted to know was how reliable these cars are, figured people that actually drove them might have some advice i didnt ask what side the throttle body was on or if it was 225 hp or 185 hp. I figured people that purchased tt's would have some idea what the damn things are worth, i doesnt matter anyways yeah the cars look cool but drive slow no armrest seats were uncomfortable, exhaust note sounded like a shitty rice burner, so keep your shitty audi's and your lack of knowledge

Old 09-15-2010, 10:21 PM
1st Gear

Sorry to hear that..then with such an attitude go buy a Ford Focus, you will love it!

Old 09-22-2010, 03:33 PM
Default asking stoopid questions on other sites?

"""Whats the phone button for on the navigation in the manual it says ask dealership for more info """"

pretty lame question about an 08 Expedition....shudda bought the Focus.