Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

New downpipe, new problem.

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 03:11 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: New downpipe, new problem.

Now the rattle is gone, thankfully... but there is still an exhaust leak. It sounds really bad. I guess I am going to have to take it back to the guys... any suggestions to fixing this weak linkage?

Old 01-16-2007, 11:59 AM
I'm make believe

those crappy "gaskets" they send you really suck. Plus if they didnt install it tight enough it may of already blown the gasket. You can do it yourself but if they will do it for free tell them to remove the gaskets and not run any. I dont have any on when i had toout my stock crapback on and i have no leaks. But if you prefure to run a gasket stop by the dealer and pick one up.

If the leak is at the downpipe to cat, use your stock sleeve with new u bolt clamps from autozone or where ever, this will tighten up that end also. But i put my money on the gaskets, take 'em out yo.

Old 01-16-2007, 01:22 PM
1st Gear

I am going to take it back tomorrow... i think the exhaust guy is going to add onto the test pipe a little by welding on some more pipe. Hopefully this will kill the leak.

Also, 55 miles and I got a CEL. Man this sucks. I had to run one spark plug defouler which i dont think is enough. Two of them wouldnt fit... Where can I find those elbow joints that people were talking about. I think they got them at home depot but i have no idea what to look for. Any help? Part number maybe?

Old 01-16-2007, 02:01 PM
I'm make believe

you have send him an pm on vwvortex.com

join and send a pm to http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerouser?...e&id=22221

seems that everyone running it is happy. Havent seen one complaint.

*** You can also call your apr dealer that you got chipped from for a possible revision of your chip that includes cel eliminator. This has been rumored on vwvortex and you might just have to make a stop at the apr dealer and get rechipped, should be free.

Old 01-16-2007, 03:34 PM
1st Gear

If you disable the MIL light does it only apply to the post cat o2 sensor or would italso hideother problems that might throw codes?

Seems like just turning off the light might be a 'ok for now' type of solution. What if some more serious problem pops up in the future and the indicator is disabled?

Old 01-16-2007, 05:10 PM
I'm make believe

it just get rid or the "cat below efficiency code" nothing else. So if you get a cel after that it would partain to something else. But from what i just read giac is the only company without it, but i could always be told inaccurate info.

Old 01-16-2007, 08:14 PM
1st Gear

Hmmm, wonder if you could do something along those lines without going through APR or REVO and just using the VAG-COM.

Old 01-17-2007, 10:09 AM
1st Gear

I am getting the exhaust leak fixed today. Ill have to wait and find that elbow peice before I can get the CEL off... When I do, should I reset my ecu by disconnecting the battery? I dont have vag-com

Old 01-17-2007, 02:36 PM
I'm make believe

you can disconnect your battery for 5-10min to clear the codes. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE RADIO CODE otherwise you will have to listen to silence until you go and get it from a dealer.

Old 01-17-2007, 07:32 PM
3rd Gear

Or you can just sing to yourself really LOUD.

Quick Reply: New downpipe, new problem.