Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

New 2008 TT Coupe - Mod questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 12:07 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: New 2008 TT Coupe - Mod questions

if his a3 has the same version of the 2.0T, the chip program would logically the same, nothing fishy aboout that.
and it is really easy and fast to do, it should take them 20 minutes.

Old 06-05-2007, 12:12 AM
1st Gear

Got the GIAC flash ECU today. As they told me 50 HP and 60 ft.lbs TQ. I couldn't find anything on the GIAC website so I emailed them for verification. Anyway the butt dyno says WEEEEEEEEEEE!!! The acceleration is aswesome. I am very pleased.

Old 06-05-2007, 12:10 PM
2nd Gear

So can you tell a big difference in acceleration from the before and after? Im sure the extra torque really helps, is there any torque over steer? Id love to have a dyno of a before and after but I dont want to spend the $$$$ to do that. Ill see if the GIAC guys I go to would be willing to do it so they have proof of their product for thier shop. Well enjoy the ride.

Old 06-05-2007, 03:45 PM

I just talked to my guy again at the dealership and he said that REVO is making one for his dealership that they will be able to do that will be very close to the APR one. It should be out in a month or so. It should also increase HP by 50 and Torque by 85 or so.

I am also looking at getting another 10+hp or so with a new exhaust and then another couple with the K&N filter as well. I am hoping to be really close to the 270hp mark and 300lbs torque. That would be ideal as long as it's driveable in the FWD version.

I was also wondering if there is any torquesteer that you might have noticed?

Thanks
Ryan

Old 06-05-2007, 04:15 PM
1st Gear

No torque steer what so ever. I was shy about a front driver, but after road testing it, It is phenominal. The power improvement was well worth the money regardless of what the dyno numbers are. GIAC is not giving me any real support in substantiating their performance claims. A lot of it depends on this and depends on that double talk. I said you must have hard data let me see it.
Anyway I am most pleased.

Old 06-05-2007, 05:51 PM

Jim,

Thanks for the reply. I am leaning toward the APR or REVO route since those are the ones that I have access to in the very near future. (I have finally decided that this is the car for me).

I am probably going with just the ECU upgrade for now along with the K&N and then when money come available the Exhaust, then see what else I might want from there.

Are you planning on doing anything else? From what I am finding there isn't much out there just yet, but they are talking about a bigger turbo soon (which I don't think I will invest in), which sounds nice.

I see a bunch of body kits out there that look ok, but nothing that I would want to spend a ton of money on since I love the looks already.

Ryan

Old 06-06-2007, 01:54 PM
1st Gear

Here's a link to GIAC Dyno results
http://www.giacusa.com/jetta5fsi_plots.php

Old 06-06-2007, 03:05 PM

Doesn't look bad, except it's not the TT.

Ryan

Old 06-06-2007, 03:25 PM
1st Gear

The engines are identical

Old 06-06-2007, 11:08 PM
1st Gear

Truly a beautiful car you got there....we test drove one today, absolutely loved it. We were merely so-so interested in it vs. an older TT or a new A4, but after we drove it we were blown away. Definitely getting one, but they say it could take months to ship it from Germany if we're firm on the options we want...otherwise we'll have to settle for one of the TTs lying around the lot.

But do tell me--how much did you pay for the invisible bra? Was it factory installed, or aftermarket?

PS: Damn Audi did a good job with the FWD configuration...my dad's S80 T6 spins its front tires and scurries all over the road, this baby stayed planted even when I stood on the gas pedal.

Quick Reply: New 2008 TT Coupe - Mod questions