Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

New 034 Motor Mounts

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 08:02 PM
I'm make believe
Default New 034 Motor Mounts

Just thought i share with everyone that doesnt visit vortex that 034 just released new motor mounts that come in street 25% stiffer than stock and track 90% stiffer than stock.

We are VERY excited to be announcing the release of our 034Motorsport Street Density and Track Density transmission mounts for the Mk4 5-speed 1.8t applications!
We've been testing these mounts for some time to ensure they are reliable and meet the criterion for the intended use - results so far are very exciting!
WHAT THEY ARE: A new line of rubber motor mounts made FOR us by OE suppliers to OUR specifications.
STREETDENSITY Mounts
solid rubber mounts with a 50 durometer about 25% stiffer than stock, this means they still ride smooth and quiet but provide a marked improvement in drivetrain dampening over stock mounts.
Livable street performance with serious sport intentions. Note, don’t mistake these mounts with OE mounts, though they look almost identical, the rubber stiffness very vastly, think of these mounts as what the factory would have produced if they weren’t catering the car to whiney cheerleaders.
TRACKDENSITY Mounts:
built with an 80 durometer rubber, approx 90% stiffer than stock, these are solid for all practical purposes and result in ZERO drivetrain movement. Vibrations from the engine are noticeably increased but not horrible. Definitely not smooth and quiet like stock mounts, but in return you get a completely locked down drivetrain with NO slop or deflection. These are perfect for the street/track enthusiast who doesn't mind a marked increase in vibration from the drivetrain, or the hardcore drag racer or track driver who is eliminating all slop in the chassis.
Performance with serious sport intentions. Note, don’t mistake these mounts with OE mounts, though they look almost identical, the rubber stiffness very vastly, think of these mounts as what the factory would have produced if they weren’t catering the car to whiney cheerleaders.

NOTE, THIS IS NOT AN OE MOUNT AND ARE NOT AVAILABLE FROM ANY OTHER SOURCE - These are built by an OE supplier to 034Motorsport specifications.
These mounts will fit all MK4 1.8t and 2.0 5-speed cars, and includes the motor mount, transmission mount, and dogbone. Priced less than OE mounts, these are a no brainer for the street or track enthusiast.
You Can choose all 3 Mounts:

Or just the engine and gearbox mount (for those who allready have an aftermarket dog bone mount):

Or just the dogbone mount:

PRICE = $275US + Shipping FOR ALL 3 MOUNTS
PRICE = $230US + Shipping JUST FOR THE ENGINE & GEARBOX MOUNT
PRICE = $60US + Shipping JUST FOR THE DOGBONE MOUNT

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3566881

Old 11-29-2007, 10:33 PM
5th Gear
Default RE: New 034 Motor Mounts

nice. I have some phone calls to make I think...

Old 11-30-2007, 08:43 AM
1st Gear

excuse my ignorance..but how are these(at least the dog-bone mount) different than just getting aftermarket bushings and re-using the stock metal dog-bone mount?

I'm not sure if there are aftermarket bushings for the engine mounts...so i won't comment on that..

Old 11-30-2007, 01:46 PM
I'm make believe

I would only get the $20-30 mount inserts for the dogbone. It simple to do (unless your murderface) and works great. But as for the engine mounts, the only other Alternative is VF mounts and they are like $80 more, plus only offer one stiffness. So if you have a chipped-mild turbo upgrade, the streets will be fine, with a much bigger turbo, the track ones will be perfect.

Old 12-01-2007, 12:42 PM
5th Gear

I gotta find out if I still have an 'in' with 034. Have a friend that ran their standalone, and sold so many other people on them, they just went ahead and made him a dealer, so he could get commission.

Old 12-02-2007, 03:41 PM
3rd Gear

wish they offered a set for our 6-speeds i dont wanna spend 360 dollars on motor mounts by VF but if i must...then i must

Old 12-02-2007, 06:52 PM
3rd Gear

What is the difference in mounts for a 5 speed and a 6 speed, anyone have pics? I thought they were the same?

Old 12-02-2007, 06:53 PM
3rd Gear

^^^me too but i guess not...lol

Old 12-02-2007, 09:50 PM
I'm make believe

Read the link, they are the same

Old 12-02-2007, 10:54 PM
3rd Gear

I thought so...what durometer is the VF ones? Just so I have something to compare too?

Quick Reply: New 034 Motor Mounts