Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Neuspeed P-Chip howto?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 09:21 PM
1st Gear
Default Neuspeed P-Chip howto?

Hey All,

I just recently got an '01 TT 225q, and it is equipped with the Neuspeed Power Pack, which includes the P-Chip. I've googled around for an instruction manual, but no dice. Does anyone know how to switch between modes on the chip? I heard it's somehow tied to the Cruise Control buttons, but was so far unable to figure it out.

Thanks a lot!

Old 05-22-2008, 09:39 PM
I'm make believe
Default RE: Neuspeed P-Chip howto?

Didnt think nuespeed had a multi-program chip. Its always on 91/93oct chip

Old 05-22-2008, 09:43 PM
cmh

APR is the only chip that I know of that uses the cruise control stalk to switch programs.

Old 05-22-2008, 09:56 PM
1st Gear

Oh, ok, thanks. In that case, my engine might be running in limp mode - the reason I was asking in the first place is because i've noticed a pretty big drop in low-end torque in the past week or so, the car feels way different from when I first drove it. I still get good acceleration/gas mileage, but it just doesn't feel the same. Any ideas?

UPD: The check engine light is not on, and the only message I get on the trip computer is to replace the brake pads, which has nothing to do with the engine.

Old 05-22-2008, 10:06 PM
I'm make believe

You most likely have either a boost leak or a bad dv. If you dont have a boost gauge, there is no way of helping you further besides removing the airbox and listen for a honking. Also just because there is no cel doesnt mean there is no codes

Old 05-22-2008, 10:28 PM
1st Gear

Thanks, Cincy

Can either of those cause big problems if not fixed immediately, assuming I drive the car normally and don't take it above 3.5k rpm's? I don't really want to repeat the story of my idiot friend, who bypassed the boost control on his Passat 1.8t, causing the turbine to disintegrate and blowing the engine...

Old 05-22-2008, 10:40 PM
I'm make believe

You wont blow the motor, but if you have either one, it will just run like crap. Spend the $50 or so for a boost gauge and find out.

Old 05-23-2008, 08:16 PM
2nd Gear

As a recent owner, you've probably had the boost leak since buying the car. Fix it, and experience what you've been missing.

Old 05-23-2008, 09:26 PM
1st Gear

Thing is, for the first week or so the car was driving great - and i take back my words about "still getting good acceleration" - it's reasonable, but now I barely feel the turbo kicking in. I do get a "whoosh" sound every time i even touch the throttle and especially when shifting gears, but it seems that all the pressure goes somewhere other than the engine. Bought a boost gauge today, so I'll be installing it sometime this weekend to pinpoint the problem, although that's almost pointless since I won't be able to fix anything myself and will take the car to a shop anyway.

Well, at least I got a free timing belt replacement from the dealer when I got the car - it was at 68k miles, so I won't have to worry about that for a while.

Old 05-23-2008, 09:50 PM
I'm make believe

You are telling me you cant take a 7mm or flathead scewdriver to tighten aclamp? If you have a boost leak, thats all you have to do to fix it. You could also just be used to the power already and its all in your head. That has happend to many owners.

Quick Reply: Neuspeed P-Chip howto?