Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Need some help please - tranny slip?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 01:22 PM
1st Gear

Dealerships are making great deals on tradeins. You can tell them what you want for the car and they will likely match it. My pops just got an A5, didnt do a trade in, and talked AUDI ,of all people, who are notorious on not discounting... he talked them down to 48k out the door on a 51k loaded A5.

The time to buy is now, it is a used car market, and these dealers are hurting for a sale. Work your magic and never take the first offer.

What cars are you considering? Staying with audi?

Old 01-28-2009, 10:52 PM
1st Gear
Angry

This is my first audi, and the problems i'm having with it make me not want to get another one. my aunt had an older A4, and it had problems up the ***. I can't believe i'm having such a huge problem with this car, and they can't tell me what it is. I did narrow it down to saying that its probably not the ESP, nor whatever mode i'm in. It f*cks up regardless if ESP is on or off, manual mode or auto mode. I drove it today, to test it out, and it f*cked up after 15 miles of driving, but was fine for the next 45. Go figure.

I really don't care what kind of car I get. I want something with decent power/speed ( >200 hp probably), good looks (preferably a coupe), reliable (very reliable / easy to work on myself and/or new/certified preowned / with warranty) and most importantly a good price (i work ~28 hours a week, and go to college full time, so probably under 20k or at/around where i am now with the TT ~ $350 / month)

I don't want to turn this thread into a "looking for new car" thread, so again, if anyone can tell me WTF is wrong with mine or have ANY ideas with it, please please pleaes give me a suggestion. I would love to keep my car, but this slipping into neutral at ANY given time is absolute Bullsh*t.

Old 01-29-2009, 05:25 PM

If your car is still under warranty they may be pretending not to know what the problem is until the warranty runs out. If its going into neutral and not just slipping I bet it is either the ECU or the control unit in the transmission that "talks" to the ECU. You should get a second opinion. If they didn't fix your car I don't think you should pay them anything. I had an airbag light and the dealer charged me $128 just to tell me the airbag control module was dead. $1100 to replace. I found a device that can reset VAG airbags I'll post a thread later.