Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

NEED HELP - spare tire

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 03:40 PM
Default NEED HELP - spare tire

Newbie here - great site you guys have!!

I'm looking for some info for an '08 TT. It's a 2.0T, auto, FWD, roadster. Came with 4 245/40/18 run flats and NO spare tire. I am looking for a donut to throw in the trunk. Can anyone help me with the following info?

1.) What is the bolt pattern? Is it 5x100?
2.) Is there a donut size spare that is/was made for another carthat I can dig up on ebay or otherwise that will fit?
3.) Are there other options with 16" or 17" donuts that have taller tires on them to compensate for the above tire size while still having room to clear the brakes?

I did a search on here but couldn't dig up much info. Thanks for any help you can give!!! I'm desperate!

Thanks!
Mike

Old 05-19-2008, 04:02 PM
cmh
Default RE: NEED HELP - spare tire

Run-flats and a spare tire seems like a little bit of redundant reduntantcy to me! I would check with your dealer to see if what you want is an option and then get a part # to track one down cheaper, post a "want to buy thread" etc.

Sorry I couldn't help more, I have a mkI TT. 5x100 is what my lug pattern is, I think the second gen TT's are 5x112 but I might very well be mistaken. Good luck in your quest-

Old 05-19-2008, 04:10 PM
Default RE: NEED HELP - spare tire

ORIGINAL: cmh

Run-flats and a spare tire seems like a little bit of redundant reduntantcy to me! I would check with your dealer to see if what you want is an option and then get a part # to track one down cheaper, post a "want to buy thread" etc.

Sorry I couldn't help more, I have a mkI TT. 5x100 is what my lug pattern is, I think the second gen TT's are 5x112 but I might very well be mistaken. Good luck in your quest-
Thanks - I should have been more clear. The reason for it is because we've already had a tire punctured beyond repair (sidewall), in addition to the fact that we had to drive on it (which ruins the tire - even though it's a run flat - you can only drive them "flat" one time for a limited number of miles). It's a big deal because no one had the tire size in stock to replace it. So that leaves one option - the flatbed tow truck! At least if a donut is in the trunk, we have a chance at driving the car home. A full size spare does not look like it will fit in the trunk, in addition to taking up a lot of space in an already tiny trunk.