Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

n75 Valve

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2005, 03:02 AM
5th Gear
Default RE: n75 Valve

Boost for fuel? Where are you getting that from? Once you're talking about squeezing alot of HP out of an engine, you'll need to raise fuel pressure just to keep up with the demand the extra air being back in your engine requires, but other than that, I don't see where you would need to play with fuel pressure.

I think max boost our engines can handle is about 22psi, but the more boost you're running, the shorter your turbo and/or engines life will be.

Im slightly confused, it sounds like you know what you're doing from your setup you list in your other turbo thread, but (no offense) you're question about boost at the turbo, and whether it would hurt the engine... That makes very little sense to me. Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but are you sure you know what you're getting into swapping a turbo?

Old 10-08-2005, 12:05 PM
2nd Gear

I guess what Im asking is if I put on a bigger turbo will that up the max PSI I can go to and if so will that take away from the engines life more? I was thinking of the GT2X, do you know if it is better then the K04 and what its max boost is? Im new to this but have been looking on forums to get spun up on things. I want about 260 whp without having to change injectors, clutchs, brakes, etc.

Old 10-09-2005, 03:14 AM
5th Gear

Thats crazy talk!

You start addin hp like that, and you'll need a new clutch in no time anyway. Brakes don't hurt either.

Like I posted, I believe the max our engines can take on a daily basis is about 22psi. Even with 22 though, you should expect alot more wear and tear on the engine. 15 is probably the most I would run on a daily basis. As for that specific turbo, I don't have any stats on it. Sorry.

You can expect worse bottom end with a big turbo too. Don't forget that its gonna take time to spool up. Bigger the turbo, longer the turbo lag.

Old 10-09-2005, 09:36 PM
2nd Gear

Thanks achTTung, I am finding some good info in here.

Old 10-18-2005, 02:49 PM
1st Gear

I agree adding a bigger turbo with out properly modding your engine to handle it is very dangerous and will most likly blow soemthing unrepairable.

Id stick with a K04 till you have maxed out the mods for the k04 turbo. From there on you need to go internal into the engine...pistons, valves, etc.. Building a super car sounds like a fun idea but you need stage 2 or 3 brakes, stage 2 or 3 clutch, yadda yadda yadda... depending on how much hp your looking to go for

Old 10-18-2005, 10:27 PM
5th Gear

well, i dunno about the internals part, but def. clutch, brakes, etc.

TomRitt, who you'll find on the A4 forum here, had never seen the inside of his engine I dont think, before last week, when he lost a piece of cheap sparkplug, and it took out an exhaust valve. He has MASSIVE mods to that car, but never really touched the internals. He's certainly running more than a K04 too.

http://people.clarkson.edu/~rittentf/Motor%20Demise.WMV

He's good with video documenting all his problems at least...

oh, and I made credits on this vid! (TT Matt)