Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

n75 trick, sick free power for free.

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 05:29 PM
Default n75 trick, sick free power for free.

thanks to cincy, the first person to do this.!

At your own risk of course.And dont even dare try this without using vcds, all im going to do is show you a way to make the little 1.8t a bit stronger at all rpm ranges no matter what state of tuned condition it is in. after fooling around with a bunch of different fun ideas just messing around, i came accross a method that requires 2 ft of 1/4 inch vacc line, 1 bolt,10mm open wrench,vcds and a brass T.I strongly encourage the use of the stock n75 with this by itself with no mbc or other junk. And yes, my engine bay has seen better days in cosmetics.

what it is:
A method that alters the n75 charge pressure line by attaching it to the manifold instead of the charge pipe post turbo. Increased vaccum inside the intake mani alters the wastegate in such a manner as if you upgraded the spring pressure inside the wastegate. so, much more quicker smoother boost down low, and lasting alot longer up top.~30% increase in power ish.

the 10mm wrench is used if you need to adjust your wastegate spring loose to adjust the boost down a little bit after. ie,if its so strong that you get limp mode. use a bolt and clamp to cap off the old charge pipe n75 line. T the new n75 pressure line off something like the evap line in the pic.

its about a 30% increase in power and torque. enjoy.
any questions?

Attached Thumbnails n75 trick, sick free power for free.-k03-035-004.jpg   n75 trick, sick free power for free.-n75.jpg  
Old 05-21-2010, 09:59 AM
1st Gear

Thats for the 180hp, not sure if it would work for the 225?

Old 05-21-2010, 01:20 PM
3rd Gear

I really doubt it's "30%" more power and torque. But the DV response is better. I'm running a "T" at the manifold and another one between the n75 and the DV. So they are both running off of the manifold vac.

Originally Posted by coachvtt
Thats for the 180hp, not sure if it would work for the 225?
yeah, you can do it also. You can come down here and I'll help you if you want.

Old 05-21-2010, 05:59 PM

30% in feel, results may vary. at your own risk.